No announcement yet.

The Hiltons, best family of boxers the world has seen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hiltons, best family of boxers the world has seen

I’ve been reading many times since I’m here that the Klitschko brothers are the best fighting brothers in the history of boxing, better than the Spinks, Mayweathers and any other such cases.

That is utter bull****. I’m tired of hearing that lie, and it is time to get the facts straight.

Meet the Fighting Hiltons. Out of 5 brothers, all 5 have been amateur boxers, 4 have been professional. Their great grandfather, grandfather and father were all boxers. Their father was Canadian champion for 10 years and was an acquaintance of Ali.

It beats anything I know as a boxing family. Having 2 brothers World champions is already a great feature (K-Bros, Spinks), so try to imagine what it is to have 2 out of 5. They were all a bit crazy, but they were successful nevertheless. Hadn’t they got into so much trouble and spent so much time in jail, they would have achieved much more than they actually did.

Here is a very interesting documentary about the Hiltons. It is in french, but it is subtitled in english.

Matthew (32 (24 KO)-3 (1KO)-2) was a beast, a pure powerful slugger. He beat Buster Drayton to win the IBF junior middleweight title in an underrated war. He defended his title twice. He went on to fight for the WBO middleweight title, but lost.

Amateur record = 108-0

Davey Jr (41 (26KO)-2 (0KO)-2) may have been the best fighter out of the bunch. Unfortunately, he was the most crazy, deranged to the point of raping his own daughters. He has been Middleweight Canadian champion, no. 1 ranked welterweight contender and WBC super-middleweight champion of the world. Jail time ruined him.

Amateur record = 133-2

Alex (37 (23KO)-11 (7KO)-0) never became world champion, but he has been Canadian middleweight champion.
    Amateur record = 104-1

Stewart (4 (1KO)-0-0) had a short lived professional career.
    Amateur record = 60-7

Jimmy never turned professional.
    Amateur record = 6-1

Recapitulation : 5 brothers who had great amateur careers, 4 of which turned professional, 2 world champions (jmw IBF and smw WBC), 2 Canadian middleweight champions.

In my eyes, this beats the K-Bros and Spinks because they are 4 (5) brothers compared to only 2. The Klits are silver and gold olympic medalists, 2time world champions, but at the end of the day, as a family of fighters (and not as individuals), the Hiltons are more impressive to me, mainly because they’re 5 (4 professional).

Amateur records of all 5 = 411-11
    Professional record of all 4 =114 (74 KO) – 16 (8KO) - 4

You could compare the Hiltons to the Mayweathers, but out of the 3 Mayweathers, only one actually became world champion, and that is Roger. So you still have 5 (4) boxers compared to 3, and 2 World champions compared to 1.

Spinks
    16.67%
    Klitschko
    58.33%
    Mayweather
    8.33%
    Hilton
    16.67%

Davey Jr fighting for the Canadian middleweight championship

Davey Jr winning his WBC super middleweight championship

Last edited by Tiozzo; 07-22-2010, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Where the hell are the Marquez bros?

Comment

Those mofos only fought woodcutters with weird accents. Being a canadian champ doesn't mean ****. Neither being a top amateur, Damarcus Corley was an amateur standouts like 90% of the guys you saw competing and getting their ass kicked on HBO against Mayweather, Mosley, Pacquiao,etc/...

Comment

Klitschko are the best brothers and the Spinks family is probably the best family. Mayweather and Marquezes are in the mix too.
          Hiltons were average good pro boxers.

Comment

What ?

Originally posted by Junito-Rulez View Post
            Those mofos only fought woodcutters with weird accents. Being a canadian champ doesn't mean ****. Neither being a top amateur, Damarcus Corley was an amateur standouts like 90% of the guys you saw competing and getting their ass kicked on HBO against Mayweather, Mosley, Pacquiao,etc/...
            So i guess you could beat the **** out of a canadian champ, you wouldn't beat the **** out of me that's for sure. A real boxer, would never say something like that. Put on your gloves and go in a Montreal gym ask for David Lemieux, hes only 160 you could do well against him, ha ahahaha, ill see you soon in a hospital in Montreal, if your not dead... BTW, Mathew Hilton is the one who trained me for my left hook. What was the name of the WC who trained you ?

Comment

Originally posted by 100%BoXeOAzTeKa View Post
              sorry I forgot those

I wanted strong boxing brotherhoods to compare with the brotherhood of the Hiltons, the most obvious appeared to be Klits, Mayweathers and Spinks

but Marquez are definitely up there

Comment

Originally posted by 100%BoXeOAzTeKa View Post
                YEAH!!! id pick them over the klits and the spinks family

Comment

Originally posted by Junito-Rulez View Post
                  Klitschko are the best brothers and the Spinks family is probably the best family. Mayweather and Marquezes are in the mix too.
                  Hiltons were average good pro boxers.
                  what I like most about the Hilton family is the number of brothers linked through boxing and the decent quality of their overall achievements as amateurs and pros

Klits are better as individuals, that's not the point
                  if there were 2 or 3 other Klit bros with less talent/achievements, the overall quality of that family would surpass the Hilton family

but 5 good boxing brothers are more impressing as a family boxing than 2 great fighters (I repeat, as a family, not as individuals)

Comment

Originally posted by Megamasterking View Post
                    So i guess you could beat the **** out of a canadian champ, you wouldn't beat the **** out of me that's for sure. A real boxer, would never say something like that. Put on your gloves and go in a Montreal gym ask for David Lemieux, hes only 160 you could do well against him, ha ahahaha, ill see you soon in a hospital in Montreal, if your not dead... BTW, Mathew Hilton is the one who trained me for my left hook. What was the name of the WC who trained you ?
                    in 3 fights away from now, if those fights are the right fights, I can see Lemieux fighting for a world title

Comment

Working...
                    X