No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez and Martinez Both 167 Pounds at 7-Day Weigh-in

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chavez and Martinez Both 167 Pounds at 7-Day Weigh-in

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. and Sergio Martinez both weighed in at 167 pounds with about a week to go before their Sept. 15 middleweight championship fight, according to William Boodhoo, an official with the World Boxing Council.

Chavez’s weight was certified Sept. 7 by Dr. Antonio Salazar, and Martinez’s weight was certified Sept. 7 by Roger Anderson, according to Boodhoo. [Click Here To Read More]

Man I hope Chavez makes weight. It would really suck if he didn't and the fight was called off or something.

Comment

Sergio must be shaking in his fedora and khakis

Comment

What happened to Lou Dibella saying Martinez had to eat god damn steak and potatoes just to get up to 158 or something???

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          What happened to Lou Dibella saying Martinez had to eat god damn steak and potatoes just to get up to 158 or something???
          I don't remember that, but the "Sergio is a small middleweight that can easily make 154" talk has been complete bullsh** for two years.

Comment

Is this the 167 Chavez?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

You mean.............

You mean you hope Martinez makes weight? Lay off chavez man. He has never had a problem making weight at 160. He's shredded right now and I can't wait until Saturday! That was a bogus thing to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Dyabolic View Post
                Is this the 167 Chavez?

He get that ripped just playing pool?

Comment

Originally posted by tripper
                  Quote:

Originally Posted by Dyabolic

Is this the 167 Chavez?
                  IMAGE#1

He get that ripped just playing pool?
                  Nah he had some help from some magical pills and some powerful shakes. I think hes gonna be a zombie on the scales tho. If he looks like he did vs Rubio he's fked.

Comment

I find it hard to believe that chavez is only 7 pounds over the limit with a whole week to go. I think frosted flakes agrees with me. As usual with chavez and most other fighters, im guessing he is atleast 10 lbs over, and will make a huge cut/push come closer to fight time to drain the water.

Comment

Working...
                    X