No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Cotto Explain Why They Picked Trout Over Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Cotto Explain Why They Picked Trout Over Pacquiao

As BoxingScene.com reported on Friday, former three division world champion Miguel Cotto will challenge undefeated WBA "regular" champion Austin Trout on December 1st at New York's Madison Square Garden. Cotto (37-3, 30KOs) vs. Trout (25-0, 14KOs) will not be a pay-per-view event, according to Cotto's longtime adviser Gaby Peñagarícano.

[Click Here To Read More]

Fair enough. Good to see Cotto in a position where he can call the shots. Shouldn't it be that way for all fighters, though?

Comment

he probably didnt want another beat down , good call cotto wasnt interested in the fight anyway

Comment

Pacquiao is a puta if he really tried to drain Cotto again. Floyd just fought Cotto at 154, and Floyd was 150 on fight night.

Comment

I like Manny, but his team is garbage. They make the stupidest decisions.
          I don't think weight played a outcome at all in there first fight, however to ask cotto for a catchweight after you have already demolished him looks bad as hell.

Manny and his team are going to be bashed by alot of people and rightfully so.

Comment

Good for you Cotto. I didn't want to see that rematch at any weight, let alone 150.

Comment

looks like the weigth killed the figth with out it Pac feels he would get his crap push in

Comment

At least Cotto was smart this time around. I think he accepted those terms in the last fight he had with Manny because of the money he was going to make. I guess after making all that money in his fight with Floyd he can now make wise decisions.

Comment

Pac's owners really wanted this Cotto fight, but only on their terms again. They probably should've gone after this fight harder IMO. Pac beating Cotto "better" than Floyd on level terms might've been enough to jump start the pac hype train again. Again Pac's team attempting to stack the deck as heavily in his favor as possible.

Comment

lmao and smh at team pac. pathetic

Comment

Working...
                    X