Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matthysse Would Be Better Than Guerrero For Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everybody on earth would call this a cherrypick fight because its Floyd. In all actuality its a good matchup. Id like to see it personally. But countering Dallas Jr and countering Floyd is a different ballpark. Im not even sure its the same sport.

Comment

lol, neither has a chance. u ppl are nuts. mathysse looks good against c level fighters sure, but the two b level fighters he fought he didnt exactly look stellar. mayweather is a level. please stop getting carried away.

Comment

Matthysee lost against a washed up Zab Judah (OUTBOXED FIRST 7 ROUNDS)....WTF makes you think he is ready for the best......I'd pick Guerrerro to beat Matthysee....

STOP OVERHYPING MATTHYSSEE

Comment

LOL @ Floyd vs. Matthysse

Comment

Matthysse-Guerrero would be a nice fight

Comment

I very much agree. I like Guerrero, but Matthysse has legit power that would make the fight somewhat interesting.

EDIT: I'm not saying Matthysse would win. So chill the lump out.

Comment

I would say they should do Guerrero first though because that is what has been set up, Guerrero was asking for it and campaigning for it, so it is just a bit more in the public's consciousness. A Matthysse fight I would think would need to be built and by that they would need to make it look like Floyd is afraid of him~

It wouldn't be terrible though but it would be more of a long range possibility.

Comment

Well if we're talking now I think Lucas has a shot purely because of his swarming style and Mayweather has shown recently that he doesnt utilize his feet as much as before (just look at the difference between Floyd from the early 2000's like the Corrales fight compared to fights from Mosley til now). Nonetheless he'd pot shot Lucas and once again prove hes on a level above the rest.

Comment

Even-though I think Matthysse would make for a more competitive fight, it doesn't make sense. Lucas is in no position to get Floyd.

Comment

he certainly doesnt have more skill, in fact the very notion is absurd. besides he has to prove himself at 147 before fighting floyd, or beat someone better than dallas and ajose for that matter. both good wins but not enough to earn a fight with floyd.

and before ppl talk about how he beat alexander and judah, those were both close fights against fighters most ppl around here claim to be garbage. not saying i agree but you do have to beat guys like that convincingly to earn a shot at floyd.

the ghosts win over berto is still better than anything matthysse has achieved. we all love a KO but lets put things in perspective, lucas knocked out mike dallas who took the fight on short notice. solid win but it doesnt warrant mayweather discussions.

Comment

Working...
                      X