Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

15 years ago yesterday i was on a bridge that collapsed at work killing 2 people

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 years ago yesterday i was on a bridge that collapsed at work killing 2 people

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/al...p?albumid=1347....

R.I.P dave carsen & john marti...my partner on the job also lost his leg from the knee down & many seriously hurt. i was lucky because 30 seconds before john died i was standing beside him...you just never know what can happen in construction & i'm very thankful i'm still alive...i probably should have more faith in a higher power & if there is a god i thank him for giving me a second chance. i've made lots of mistakes & i'm by no means the perfect adult but i live my life to the fullest while i still have good health...the pictures are on the above link...this happened in kitimat, BC, canada...
    Last edited by joe strong; 10-28-2012, 07:03 PM.

nobody knows why things like that happen but I bet you appreciate every moment of your life a lot more after that incident.

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
      nobody knows why things like that happen but I bet you appreciate every moment of your life a lot more after that incident.
      this happened 3 days after my birthday so i don't exactly have the best memories when my birthday comes around each year. i boozed it hard & did lots of drugs & still to this day i have no idea why i stayed ironworking. i was making $14/hr then & went back to work a few days later but eventually asked for a layoff within a week. i turned my life around in 2006 & started travelling. i haven't celebrated my birthday in over 10 years because it's never a happy time for me not because i'm getting older. it's those memories that i'm reminded of every year & actually my grandmother died 2 days after my birthday as well so it's kind of a depressing time for me. i enjoy my travels & concerts. all these natural disasters the last few years always remind me what is important...i'm still alive & am very thankful for that & i hope everyone else makes it through this hurricane & any other disasters unscathed. you can replace materials but you can't replace a life.

Comment

co sign...............

Comment

Working...
        X