Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How dare people say Joe Louis would have been knocked out by Mike Tyson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kendom View Post
    Tyson would definetly have been pushed back and frustrated and Louis was a master of catching his opponent coming in, Holyfields counter punching ability gave Tyson problems, Louis was more effective, his footwork decieving his opponents and drawing them in and his power much greater, on the inside Tyson would be peppered with uppercuts, watch the second fight with Godoy Louis is constantly circling out of the swarmers way, using his jab and uppercuts powerful enough to lift a 230lb Tony Galento off his feet and destroys Galento and Galento had good head movement.

That's totally different. Holyfield is a different type of athlete than Joe was, superior athlete at that. Athlete =//= boxer.

Joe simply faught to upright and stiff, robotic. Yes, many people don't like to hear that but it's the truth. I hate to say it but it's the truth.

If styles make fights then Joe's style is simply not advanced enough to take care of Tyson. The speed, movement, low center of gravity and utter destructive power in every one of Tyson punches would simply be too much for Joe to handle.

The only way Joe wins against Tyson is if Joe can endure such a destructive force that was Tyson's punches. When Tyson can't hurt someone, he loses confidence and gives up. With that said, I don't think Joe would handle the bombs like rock-head Holyfield did.
    moneytheman Ascended likes this.

Comment

This match up just has "OUCH!!" written all over it.

Comment

Mike probably knocks him out.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
          Mike probably knocks him out.
          Like Buster Douglas?

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
            Like Buster Douglas?
            Its a much bigger shock than Hopkins/Trinidad. LOL. I make no excuses for Tyson and I'm not even a fan but I think Mike was a little too explosive and quick.

Comment

Its a much bigger shock than Hopkins/Trinidad. LOL. I make no excuses for Tyson and I'm not even a fan but I think Mike was a little too explosive and quick.
              Im just playing.

I would pick Louis in this match up, but Tyson certainly has a chance to stop Joe.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                That's totally different. Holyfield is a different type of athlete than Joe was, superior athlete at that. Athlete =//= boxer.

Joe simply faught to upright and stiff, robotic. Yes, many people don't like to hear that but it's the truth. I hate to say it but it's the truth.

If styles make fights then Joe's style is simply not advanced enough to take care of Tyson. The speed, movement, low center of gravity and utter destructive power in every one of Tyson punches would simply be too much for Joe to handle.

The only way Joe wins against Tyson is if Joe can endure such a destructive force that was Tyson's punches. When Tyson can't hurt someone, he loses confidence and gives up. With that said, I don't think Joe would handle the bombs like rock-head Holyfield did.
                Louis's style was similar to Holyfields, his counter punching ability is greater and his style wasnt stiff or robotic, he was a master of parrying jabs, had good head movement and defense, why would he need to take Tysons punches when he could could tie Tyson up and could keep him away with jabs and using angles?. By the way Louis was a master of catching an opponent coming in and knocking them out. Tyson cant knock out Louis if his attack is getting neutralised by superior boxing skill and infighting ability again you havent shown me how Tyson would knock Louis out, your're just basically repeating the same old rhetoric "Joe Louis is too robotic etc" but im explaining why hes not. Again im referencing to the second fight with Arturo Godoy, where Louis showed how to dsimantle a crouching fighter, sure Godoy didnt have the speed and power of Tyson, but he was a superior infighter like i said before Tyson was a mid range fighter.

Comment

It wouldnt matter Louis would neutralise Tysons speed and aggression by tying him up, outboxing him on the inside and breaking his ribs on the inside en route to a mid rounds knockout.

Comment

Louis' jab would be the difference, & set up the fatal follow-through. I see Louis stopping Tyson, but there would always be that chance...

Comment

You can't completely dismiss Tyson's chances of KO'ing Joe Louis. He was dropped more than a few times by much lesser talents. I rate Joe much higher on any top 10 list, but he'd be in serious danger the first few rounds.

Comment

Working...
                      X