No announcement yet.

Rewatched Floyd-Jmm and i have never seen Jmm look so lost

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    So if Marquez and Manny are the same size, what would that mean for Floyd-Pac???
    the diffrence is that pac has been beating on bigger guys ..marquez has never done that..

Comment

• Originally posted by puga View Post
      the diffrence is that pac has been beating on bigger guys ..marquez has never done that..
      Pacquiao is the #1 ranked WW. Marquez was the RING LW champ. Floyd and Manny aren't that much different in size, Floyd has 1 1/2 inches on him and they both weigh around 147 or so on fight night.

Marquez went up to WW and arguably beat Manny. Floyd should get some credit for shutting him out there. Again, not his greatest win, but given what's happened since, it's a decent win.

Comment

• JMM shines best when matched up against a come forward fighter.

Simple common sense: counterpuncher + counterpuncher = zero activity (boring fight)

One of them has to play the aggressor role. JMM did to his own detriment.

JMM's own words: "...floyd don't like to fight...he don't like to fight...manny likes to fight..."

Comment

Pacquiao is the #1 ranked WW. Marquez was the RING LW champ. Floyd and Manny aren't that much different in size, Floyd has 1 1/2 inches on him and they both weigh around 147 or so on fight night.

Marquez went up to WW and arguably beat Manny. Floyd should get some credit for shutting him out there. Again, not his greatest win, but given what's happened since, it's a decent win.
          thats irrelevant tho..coz manny did'nt have the size advatntge over jmm like floyd did...yes , i give him credit but let's not deny floyd having all the advatanges at that weight againts jmm

Comment

You don't think Marquez could hang with some of these guys???

Ring Top 10 WW's:
            Manny Pacquiao (already arguably beat him at WW)
            Floyd Mayweather (got dominated by him at WW, I'll give you that)
            Kell Brook
            Paulie Malignaggi
            Jan Zaveck
            Timothy Bradley
            Randall Bailey
            Josesito Lopez
            Victor Ortiz
            Robert Guerrero

He'd lose to Mayweather 100% no doubt about it.

He'd hang with Pacquiao, Bradley, Ortiz, and Guerrero, and would have a good chance at winning those fights.

He'd beat Brook, Bailey, Malignaggi, Zaveck, and Lopez. I'd at least favor him to beat those fighters.

Bailey would be out classed, and his only shot to win would be to land a bomb and KO Marquez. I doubt that happens. Ortiz may prove to be too big for Marquez, but I wouldn't count him out.

Lopez survived Ortiz' punches and was able to find Ortiz often enough to win 3-4 rounds againsth im. What's to say Marquez wouldn't survive Ortiz' punches, and counter him often enough and to stay away from Ortiz enough to win a decision???

I'd favor him over Guerrero cuz he's not a real WW in my book but beside's that He cant hang with Top 5 IMO, honestly I dont even think he can get past Mathysse at this stage of his career prime yes, today no.

Comment

• still Mayweather couldent KO him.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                go back and check out the time in between rounds of that fight. check floyd's corner. they're telling him to "try him" again, meaning try and stop him. he tried to stop him. it's just not how he fights. he's not a finisher, and marquez is a survivor.

if nothing else, floyd would have enhanced his career and earning potential by stopping marquez (that's what most expected he would do.)

he tried and failed.
                If Floyd would've opened up on Marquez it would've been a wrap. Marquez got put on his ass as a warning. He knew the deal after that.

Anybody who would try and take it to Floyd, will get picked apart and shut down.

See Mayweather vs Judah for edification.

Comment

• Originally posted by liraj View Post
                  I'd favor him over Guerrero cuz he's not a real WW in my book but beside's that He cant hang with Top 5 IMO, honestly I dont even think he can get past Mathysse at this stage of his career prime yes, today no.
                  You don't think Marquez could hang with Brook, Paulie, and Zaveck????

Comment

You don't think Marquez could hang with Brook, Paulie, and Zaveck????

I'd like to see him fight the top 140 fighter's first before trying to fight anybody at WW not named Pac. Marquez doesn't have that much time left though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr LarryX View Post
                      There is alot of young talented fighters and they will get more attention once Floyd and Manny retire..the new face of boxing will be Ward imo
                      I say a toss up between ward and broner as the new face. Ward's talent will sell a lot of fights if people don't get too scared to fight him. When he fought froch, i didnt think his style was that exciting because he fought like an inside fighter. But he showed me something against Dawson and I see a great future for ward. Broner, though now looks like a copy of Floyd, will continue pick up mayweather fans if he stays undefeated long enough and sharpens his skills as he goes. And because he talks so damn much, u kinda have to pay attention to him. He has made it hard on himself though because he will always be compared to Floyd.

As far as this mayweather Marquez fight, when I went back and watched it again, I realized how great this performance was. First, we have to establish that Marquez called Floyd out. And Floyd comes back from a layoff with this type of performance. For the type of fight that it was, the fact that Floyd didn't make weight made no difference. It didn't even give Floyd the power to knock him out. And yes Floyd did try but not like he used to. I remember when he used to jump on guys and finish it. He tried but cautiously.

Comment

Working...
                      X