Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hatton: Floyd Will Win, But it Will Be His Toughest Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hatton: Floyd Will Win, But it Will Be His Toughest Bout

RICKY HATTON last night delivered his verdict on the ring craft of Floyd Mayweather. Mayweather meets Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez in the world's richest-ever fight at the MGM Garden Arena here tonight.

This was the venue where Mayweather shattered Hatton's unbeaten record with a tenth-round stoppage in December 2007.

Hatton, the retired former twoweight world champ, didn't hold back when he described just how good the world's best pound-forpound fighter is.

He told me: "If I had opened a box of confetti and thrown the contents at him, I still don't think I would have hit him!

"Whatever I did, I just couldn't do the job. He ducked and dived all the time and I couldn't hit him at all. So many people over the years have had the same trouble with him.
    [Click Here To Read More]

If this fight is anywhere near close, Canelo is getting the robbery Even if it's say 4 rounds to Canelo with the rest of the rounds competitve they'll give it to Canelo, boxing is a business, and Canelo is very marketable.

Comment

Originally posted by KeepItObjective View Post
      If this fight is anywhere near close, Canelo is getting the robbery Even if it's say 4 rounds to Canelo with the rest of the rounds competitve they'll give it to Canelo, boxing is a business, and Canelo is very marketable.
      Marketable to who? Most of those fans were Mexicans. Canelo doesnt have the US crossover appeal.. Some casual fans dont really know much about him. You have to follow to sport to know who Canelo is or be Mexican..

Comment

Originally posted by trainhard_187 View Post
        Marketable to who? Most of those fans were Mexicans. Canelo doesnt have the US crossover appeal.. Some casual fans dont really know much about him. You have to follow to sport to know who Canelo is or be Mexican..
        You don't think fans in the United States will instantly know who Alvarez is if he beats Mayweather?

Comment

That's how I'm starting to feel. Floyd is going to find a way, but it won't be easy.

Comment

Originally posted by KeepItObjective View Post
            If only Mayweather were marketable, they could make a real star out of him.

Comment

The PPV of this fight will gonna be very high...if Mayweather jr. wins, I doubt if he will give Canelo a rematch, but, if Canelo wins then, there gonna be a rematch. Hopefully, Canelo wins...

Comment

Ricky hit the nail right on the head Floyd is just too good and he dosen't underestimate any fighter he stays healthy year round I don't think he goes above 155 lbs. in between fights either always in shape Canelo has the cards stacked against him in this one.

Comment

People always talk about Floyd's defense but they never talk about Canelos

Canelo is very slippery, whenever he tried to slip punches against Trout, he couldn't touch him

Comment

He is hard to hit which disheartens his oppoents and is great defensively. But he isn't great offensively.

But as good as he is defensively, he has already lost to Castillo. So on any given day anything can happen.
                    But if Floyd wins, loses or draws, I agree with hatton that at the end of the fight Floyd will probably acknowledge it would have been his toughest fight to date.

Comment

Working...
                    X