Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good, that stupid ****** was getting a bit long on the tooth

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
      Good luck to Vitali in his political career, unlike most politicians I think he's probably someone who cares about his country with his heart in the right place.

Incidentally, who will fight for his vacant title, Arreola and Stiverne?
      Should be Stiverne because he's been the mando for a while.... but looks like that fight will be for it if he retires soon enough

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
        Arreola-Stiverne was a final eliminator. I am thoroughly, thoroughly expecting it to be for the vacant title if Vitali retires. Assuming Chris wins, he would be the first Hispanic/Mexican heavyweight champion in history.

You KNOW sleazy old Sulaimán is all over that ****.
        That is true. I'm just wondering if it's too soon to make it happen. Plus, either of those two would easily go down as one of the worst champs in history. I would be excited to get Tyson Fury in the mix.

Maybe Stiverne-Arreola for the vacant strap and winner faces Fury or Cunningham.

Either way, the other contenders would be screaming to get in a fight with any of those four.

Comment

He will be remembered as a great champion.

It's shame he never got a second chance (after Lennox's fight). It hunted him for the long time and I think he only recently let it go - that's how competitive he is. His second big fight should have been Haye, but somehow Wlad got to fight him - I know big bro wasn't happy with that.

Somewhere in the middle of Chisora fight, Vitali got old and I knew it it's time for him to say goodbye. He would still school pretty much everyone out there but there is no point.
          I wish him all the luck, he was great, he is great, both as a fighter and as a man.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            That is true. I'm just wondering if it's too soon to make it happen. Plus, either of those two would easily go down as one of the worst champs in history. I would be excited to get Tyson Fury in the mix.

Maybe Stiverne-Arreola for the vacant strap and winner faces Fury or Cunningham.

Either way, the other contenders would be screaming to get in a fight with any of those four.
            To be honest with you, I bet this is the reason Arreola-Stiverne keeps getting pushed back. They're waiting on Vitali's decision to see if they can just fight for the belt.

Comment

Disappointing if he goes out with that Charr fight.

Comment

If this is true it would be great news.

Comment

I could see Haye positioning himself for a shot at Vitali's vacate belt straight away.

Comment

Ah, typical Vitali.

Hardly surprising that Haye is now coming out of 'retirement'. He's probably being lined-up to fight for the WBC belt.
                    Last edited by yoz; 03-26-2013, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the fights dr eisenfaust, prime h2h you give all the greats a run for their money, it's a shame we missed the 4years of your prime but you still gave us some great nights. I remember watching you fight herbie hide and the commentators here in England were saying you were mostly hype untill you landed that first right hand. You showed us your talent and heart against Lewis then your devastating power with the kirk Johnson blowout. You came back and put on a master class with the Peter & arreola performances. Your competition wasn't the best but that was mainly a product of your era and your brothers dominance. You had one last showcase against adamek. A true warrior like yourself deserves to bow out a champion, i hope to be there to see you in 5 years when you take your place in the hof with the other greats.

Comment

Working...
                      X