Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Chad Dawson ever be the same again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
    Ward took him to school toyed with him and made him quit. I'm a big fan of Dawson but a I'm a bit worried that this fight messed him up mentally.

Should he take a long rest or try to come right back as soon as possible? When he comes back he needs a great performance against a top fighter....so who do you think Chad Dawson should fight next?
    If he can convince himself or knows the weight thing was an issue then absouloutly.

If he is own worst enemy and is convinced the weight was not an issue and that he's not the fighter he thinks he is then were about to see the 2nd coming of Meldrick Taylor after the Chavez loss.

I really believe the weight was a massive issue but I still give my props to Ward i think he wins a closer more career defining match at 175.

Comment

not if he keeps fighting while weighdrained like vs ward

Comment

Chad hasn't been the same since the first Johnson fight.

Since then he's been lackluster and goes missing when things get tough.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post
          Scully is partly to blame cause Scully should have known better to not allow Dawson to take that chance in coming down to 168.After the Dawson/Ward fight Scully mentioned that he remembers Chris Byrd coming down to cruiser-weight and getting knockout by a light puncher.He was aware of that but yet because Dawson told him he could make the weight without it affecting him, Scully went along with it.I`m sure Byrd thought he could make the cruiser-weight without it affecting him also or else he would`nt have came down to cruiser-weight.
          That's not what Scully was saying in the audio interview with www.8countnews.com He seemed concerned about Dawson not making the weight and being healthy in the process and spoke up to the the condition coach about it.
          Last edited by Achille; 09-17-2012, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingwizard View Post
            Like I said before, Dawson skills are declining because he constantly switches trainers.

Dawson fired Emanuel after one fight, after one ****ing fight! Steward had a strategy and gameplan ready for Hopkins and he had Ronnie Shields co-training with him. There is no doubt in my mind had Chad stayed with Emanuel, he would have beaten Hopkins the first time convincingly. This is tied to the Ward fight because under Scully, Dawson's overall boxing skills has regressed. Any one can see that Dawson was not going to beat Ward judging by his performance against Hopkins.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...er-john-scully
            are you stupid? did you even watch the first fight?

Comment

Chad will be fine at 175! Needs to leave Gary Shaw though!

Comment

I wonder if Chad was STILL unbeaten when he fought Ward would he have quit?!?...its easier to accept a lost once you already have one...so I wonder did Pascal make it easier for Chad to do a no mas?!?

Chad can still beat everybody at LHW...don't get it twisted!!

Comment

Originally posted by TysonBomb View Post
                  he might end up like RJJ from moving down a weight class
                  Your right if he moved down to WW.

Comment

Originally posted by Defututus View Post
                    are you stupid? did you even watch the first fight?
                    You don't know anything about boxing, nor can you comprehend what I am saying. The first fight obviously ended in a no-contest, even before that Dawson wasn't landing that much in the second round. If Steward was training Dawson instead of Scully, he would have been in much more control of the fight.
                    Last edited by Boxingwizard; 09-17-2012, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingwizard View Post
                      You don't know anything about boxing, nor can you comprehend what I am saying. The first fight obviously ended in a no-contest, even before that Dawson wasn't landing that much in the second round. If Steward was training Dawson instead of Scully, he would have been in much more control of the fight.
                      what does being in control of the fight have to do with it? you mean steward would've completely removed ducking down/bending of the waist from dawson?

the same incident nearly happened in the second fight, dawson is known to duck like that, and hopkins is also known to jump on backs and hold you down

this is like saying nigel benn would never had twisted his ankle if he had takken a slice of the frosted cake he was offered during his friends birthday a week before the fight

lol, idiot
                      Last edited by SplitSecond; 09-18-2012, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X