Mega Million winner refuses to share

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mega Million winner refuses to share

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...olleagues.html

Employees at a McDonald’s in Maryland are outraged at a co-worker who claims she won a $105million Mega Millions jackpot which she is not planning on sharing - despite the fact they had pooled their money for tickets.

Workers at the fast food outlet bought a number of tickets together for the biggest lottery in world history but Mirlande Wilson, 37, claims she separately bought one of the three tickets nationwide that will split a record $656 million payout.

'We had a group plan, but I went and played by myself. [The ‘winning’ ticket] wasn’t on the group plan,' Wilson told The New York Post.

The winning numbers are read out on national television

Not happy: The Maryland McDonald's where Mirlande Wilson works and took part in a pool for lotto tickets for Friday's Mega Millions Jackpot

Lucky store: The Millford 7-Eleven where Wilson said she bought the winning ticket with her own money and not the pooled money - it will received a cash bonus for selling one of the winning tickets

Celebration: The Milford store is proudly displaying that they sold one of the winning tickets though the person who bought it has yet to come forward

'I was in the group, but this was separate. The winning ticket was a separate ticket,' the single mother of seven said as she and her fiancé left her home.

I wouldn't share either, but then again, I wouldn't have told anyone....especially a bunch of co workers at Mc Donalds.

Comment

So what? If they never signed the back of the ticket or signed something that showed they were in a pool then She's in the right. That's why if you by tickets in a group everybody has to sign it or this happens. Tough noogies.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingtech718v2 View Post
        So what? If they never signed the back of the ticket or signed something that showed they were in a pool then She's in the right. That's why if you by tickets in a group everybody has to sign it or this happens. Tough noogies.
        Exactly.

Thats their bad.

Imagine coming back to work at madonalds of all places knowing you came so close to being a millionaire.

OUCH!!!

Comment

I'd give em a million to split or something. To cut them off completely is kinda bogus. I agree the ticket is hers or whatever, but come on, the people who grind out the same ****ty job with you on a day to day basis, you just tell them to get ****ed as soon as it pays off...

Comment

hahahaha i aint sharin shiyet either!!!!
            call me an arshole but ill be the richest arshole youll ever know! kiss my ass betches!

now all shes gotta worry about are people tryna kill her... especially those ghetto ass fastfood employess lol

Comment

hahahaha i aint sharin shiyet either!!!!
              call me an arshole but ill be the richest arshole youll ever know! kiss my ass betches!

now all shes gotta worry about are people tryna kill her... especially those ghetto ass fastfood employess lol

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWbbmest311 View Post
                I'd give em a million to split or something. To cut them off completely is kinda bogus. I agree the ticket is hers or whatever, but come on, the people who grind out the same ****ty job with you on a day to day basis, you just tell them to get ****ed as soon as it pays off...
                it's not her job to share.

if the ticket is hers and hers alone..... it doesn't matter if she joined a pool if the winning ticket wasn't part of that pool and it certainly ain't her job to share it with her co-workers.

what if she doesn't like them?

Comment

There was something similar to this that happened in Texas I think it was and the man was forced to pay out by the courts. I expect the same thing to happen in this case because she won't be able to prove if the money they pooled with, bought or didn't buy the winning ticket.

Greedy ass hoe.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWbbmest311 View Post
                    This. I'd give them a cool 5 mil each, should set them up pretty well.

Comment

Working...
                    X