• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Blackout- View Post
    at 2:25

Atheist (me)

No beliefs in any God

I dont' KNOW there's no god

I could be wrong

Squeal, as an Atheist yourself do you think that there's a possbilily a god(s) exist and you therefore could be wrong.. Even though you have no beliefs in God(s)? Just curious. I'm not trying to get this into some sort of discussion just curious about your beliefs as an Atheist.
    Of course. There's always a possibility. I find it highly unlikely however, and I do not believe it to be so. Religious people tend to dismiss things like Thor or Zeus as childish fantasies, but they are no less rational than believing in any sort of higher power.

I don't believe in Thor or Zeus just like I don't believe in Yahweh or his magical son Jesus.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
      Of course. There's always a possibility. I find it highly unlikely however, and I do not believe it to be so. Religious people tend to dismiss things like Thor or Zeus as childish fantasies, but they are no less rational than believing in any sort of higher power.

I don't believe in Thor or Zeus just like I don't believe in Yahweh or his magical son Jesus.
      I respect that, but is it really that much more crazy than to believe in things like a multidimensional universe ? Theories about black holes and ''dark matter'' in the universe.. invisible contradicting forces working against each other? Truth is we don't ****.. It could all be a ''the matrix'' for all we know.. Some people believe in the bible to find order amongst the chaos, other people put their faith in science and hard facts.. But truth is, as long as we don't know **** about anything.. Nobody should really attack each others beliefs. or saying who is wrong in my mind. Even physics got theories about God.

Now saying ''I got the ultimate truth'' I agree with you, it's bull****.. No one got the ultimate truth.. But for people to discover something for themself.. is it science religion etc that gives them a purpose in life.. I can respect that.. and who am I to say who is wrong you know..?
      Last edited by -Blackout-; 05-20-2009, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Blackout- View Post
        Is it really that much more crazy than to believe in things like a multidimensional universe ? Theories about black holes and ''dark matter'' in the universe.. invisible contradicting forces working against each other? Truth is we don't ****.. It could all be a ''the matrix'' for all we know.. Some people believe in the bible to find order amongst the chaos, other people put their faith in science and hard facts.. But truth is, as long as we don't know **** about anything.. Nobody should really attack each others beliefs. or saying who is wrong in my mind. Even physics got theories about God.

You and I preach the same thing via different media.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

I respect that, but is it really that much more crazy than to believe in things like a multidimensional universe ?
          To me this sort of thing is pure idle speculation. I enjoy musing upon it but I don't really have strong feelings either way on the subject. However I still find it to be more likely than an invisible version of Santa Claus who doesn't just put a lump of coal in your stocking for being bad.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
            To me this sort of thing is pure idle speculation. I enjoy musing upon it but I don't really have strong feelings either way on the subject. However I still find it to be more likely than an invisible version of Santa Claus who doesn't just put a lump of coal in your stocking for being bad.
            It's all about the eyes who look at it I think. I like to keep an open mind and doesn't dismiss theories about an afterlife, a supreme being in the universe or even a mulitdimensional universe. That's alright though.. Thanks for your honesty though.

Comment

Working...
            X