No announcement yet.

Rampage to Rogan: "Shut the F--- up!"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rampage to Rogan: "Shut the F--- up!"

In a recent interview with Fighter's Only magazine Quinton "Rampage"Jackson, no stranger to frankly speaking his mind, turned his ire on an unlikely target - UFC commentator Joe Rogan. The remarks were apparently sparked by Rogan's commentary during the Jon Jones fight, when Rogan lamented Rampage's lack of kicks in his unssucessful title challenge.

"If you win then Joe Rogan's got to do an interview with you," said Jackson. "And most likely he has been talking some crap about you and how you don't throw leg kicks. 'I don't know why he don't throw leg kicks' - because Joe, I am fighting a wrestler who wants to take me down really bad, that's why I'm not throwing leg kicks.

" 'He's so one-dimensional, he's so one-dimensional' - he's going on about jiu-jitsu the whole time. That's why I'm like, 'Oh here comes Joe Rogan' and he's all fake in his face like he's not just picked apart your whole game like he's the best fighter in the world and he knows every decision you're gonna make while he is just sitting there watching you."

In reply to a question in jest about how a hypothetical fight with Rogan would go, Rampage replied at length.

I would beat the s--- out of Joe Rogan - as long as he don't get me to the ground, because his jiu-jitsu is really good. I know he's got good jiu-jitsu because he's so biased towards jiu-jitsu guys. Every time a guy is a jiu-jitsu fighter Rogan might as well be playing the rusty trombone.

"Joe Rogan has one of those girly high-ass voices that you can hear. I just want to tell him to shut the f--- up. Let's see you do it. Let's see you come in here and kick this mother-f----- who wants to take you down. Shut the f--- up.

"People can call me one-dimensional all they want. I don't care - at the end of the day it's my fight. I trained for this fight. People forget, I did Muay Thai fights, K-1, jiu-jitsu tournaments and I wrestled. One dimensional? Okay. Kiss my ass. I like to put on exciting fights."

Rogan offered a brief reply on the UG:

I think he'd beat the **** out of me too.

lol, some tension there. Hope it doesn't develop into bad blood.

Comment

Like rampage has ever thrown kicks to begin with haha even in his prime he rarely ever kicked. If anything its pretty obvious rampage got weaker in the clinch and relies on his hooks to much with nothing to set them up, and alil to tenative.

Dude still can bang with the best of them though hes just old. Rampage will knock ryan bader da **** out haha Joe is funny but annoying sometimes ***** happens

Comment

Calling a fight subjectively is probably hard when dealing with morons like Rampage.

Comment

Lowkicks aren't for everybody. I wonder if Rogan likes them so much because h watches kickboxing matches a lot where this technique is used? But in kickboxing it doesn't matter if you get sweeped because people catch your kick. Rampage has the point here about the worries of takedowns.

Comment

Originally posted by boxkickboxmma View Post
            Lowkicks aren't for everybody. I wonder if Rogan likes them so much because h watches kickboxing matches a lot where this technique is used? But in kickboxing it doesn't matter if you get sweeped because people catch your kick. Rampage has the point here about the worries of takedowns.
            I think it's more to do with Rogan's TKD background...

Comment

Joe Rogan has one of those girly high-ass voices

Comment

this dude's gym is only 10 minutes away from me. damn a lot of this mma gyms been popping out of my area. Mark Munoz's, Jokers Wild, No Limits, now Rampage's

Comment

Working...
                X