Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Marquez higher on your P4P list than Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rk16 View Post
    Pacquiao ruined Bradley?Ortiz tagging Mayweather?
    No point in arguing with this dip****!
    yeah, go your own way floyd apologist, no time to argue with stans

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
      youre not serious are you? pacquiao fought bigger names but that doesnt always equal better fighters, especially under the circumstances he fought some of them.

for example marquez knocking out either diaz or casamyor was a better win in my book than hatton, margarito, clottey, mosley or dlh were for pacquiao just to name a few.
      Pacquiao KO'd Barrera and Morales, is Diaz and Casamayor better than the two i mentioned??

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
        No, he's not.

Just because he might've beat Pac doesn't mean he deserves to be higher.

Marquez is great and I like him, but he's went life and death with lower tier fighters than Pac. You should take this into account also.
        A lot of Pac haters seem to forget this phrase.

No, JMM is not higher than Pac on my list.

Comment

Will you rank Buster Douglas higher than Tyson, will you rank Maxim higher than Robinson, will you rank Barkley higher than Hearns, and so on and so forth... P4P rankings is based on who you fight and who you win on, skills and abilities are a good gauge in the rankings, but a brave heart impresses more than enough critics... You may have the skills but if you are not fighting stiffer competitions then your skills doesn't count...

Comment

JMM's legacy = The Man Who Almost Beat Pacquiao Thrice

Just kidding, his resume is definitely better than Pac:

Fedchenko
            Katsidis
            Diaz
            Casamayor
            Juarez
            Barrera

ATG!

Comment

Marquez' recent form
              Fedchenko - Awful fight to watch and did nothing for JMM
              Pacquiao - Dull affair
              Katsidis - Good fight to watch but Marquez was on the floor and didnt look great
              Diaz 2 - Not as good as the first but a convincing points win
              Casamayor - Close fight but Casa was past it
              Diaz 1 - Diaz was coming off a loss to Nate campbell and hurt Marquez early but got worn down
              Juarez - Cuts and Juarez general lack of boxing ability made this one pretty dull
              Barrera - Marco was at the end of his career in this one clearly past his best but still outlanded Marquez and put him down aswel. Lederman had Barrera winning and so did I. Marquez lucky to get a win here.

Pacs recent form

Bradley - Pac looked past it. Cant fight at pace and got outboxed late on
              JMM - Both guys looked slosw and unable to pull the trigger
              Mosley - Pac begining to look in decline and Mosley so far past it it that it meant nothing
              Margarito - Catchweight and Marg coming off savage beating from Shane made it through 12 but wasnt really competative
              Clottey - Boring 12 rounder. Clottey just put his hands up and Pac had no clue how to get past his guard
              Cotto - Pac was at his best here but Cotto was at a catchweight and hadnt long ben destroyed by Marg at the full 147 lb limit
              Hatton - Great win by Manny, took him 2 rounds to do something it took Floytd 10 to do. Hatton hasnt fought since and looked on the slide against Lazcano didnt expect it to be so quick though.

Based on that theres not much between them but I lean towards Pac p4p even though head to head I lean towards Marquez
              Last edited by PD21; 11-09-2012, 08:26 AM.

Comment

I thought Pacquiao won a close one the last time they fought. The two fights they had before that I thought were draws. Pacquiao seems to do better overall against other fighters than Marquez. Marquez is just trouble for Pacquiao. For instance I don't think Juan Diaz or Casamayor would have lasted more than two or three rounds with Pacquiao and Marquez would not have been able to beat Oscar, Cotto, Hatton, and Clottey as easily as Pacquiao did. So I have Pacquiao rated higher than Marquez pfp. and expect him to win their upcoming fight. I am a big fan of both fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by ALG United View Post
                  Pacquiao KO'd Barrera and Morales, is Diaz and Casamayor better than the two i mentioned??
                  Both Pacquiao and Marquez fought Barrera in 2007.

The judge who scored it the closest in the Pacquiao fight had it at 115-112 to Pacquiao.

While the closest score in the Marquez fight was 116-111 to Marquez.

Comment

if you have him over pacquiao because he beat pacquiao 3 times, then he has to be #1 p4p

Comment

Lower since after "beating" Pac he fought a nobody while Pac "beat" a top 10 P4P guy.

Comment

Working...
                      X