Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With both Vitali and Haye likely retiring, who is the second best heavyweight now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You said last week that you considered Vitali #4/#5 at this stage of his career. So how would him or Haye retiring affect your #2?

Comment

The Bronze Bomber

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        You said last week that you considered Vitali #4/#5 at this stage of his career. So how would him or Haye retiring affect your #2?
        Read the opening post of this thread more carefully.

"He looked faded against Chisora and Charr and so may no longer be the H2H second best HW"

But that's my view, most people still consider him #2 and Haye #3.

Comment

Pulev or Fury

MAYBE Price... if the skelton performance was an off night.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
            Who is "Orlander" Solis?

Is that Odlanier's ******ed brother?
            Wow I spelled the bums name wrong,anyways yes he is a bum soo much that i couldn't even spell his name right but he's still the 4th best thing in the heavyweights behind Wlad,Vit and Haye

Nice tumbleweed joke .I can imagine you laughing hysterically whilst typing that in.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
              Pulev or Fury

MAYBE Price... if the skelton performance was an off night.
              meh I don't see why people rate Pulev so highly .. yeah ok he's fought better people than Price and Fury but cmon the guy would get splattered by both of them in 6 rounds.. anyone can see that

Comment

Read the opening post of this thread more carefully.

"He looked faded against Chisora and Charr and so may no longer be the H2H second best HW"

But that's my view, most people still consider him #2 and Haye #3.
                Right..but then who is YOUR #2 HW currently?

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  Right..but then who is YOUR #2 HW currently?
                  I honestly don't know, it's one of the several people I mentioned when you asked that question before. I'd need to see some matchups of the top ten before deciding.

Vitali is fading with age, his two opponents in 2012 weren't very good defensively yet he had trouble hitting them. Haye has one win in two years, over an opponent who had lost three of his previous four fights.

David Price, Kubrat Pulev and Tyson Fury looked very good in their last fights. It's very likely one of those three, but it's not clear which one yet. And there are several others moving up.

As Dan Rafael said in his chat yesterday, it will be an interesting year for the heavyweight division.

Comment

I honestly don't know, it's one of the several people I mentioned when you asked that question before. I'd need to see some matchups of the top ten before deciding.

Vitali is fading with age, his two opponents in 2012 weren't very good defensively yet he had trouble hitting them. Haye has one win in two years, over an opponent who had lost three of his previous four fights.

David Price, Kubrat Pulev and Tyson Fury looked very good in their last fights. It's very likely one of those three, but it's not clear which one yet. And there are several others moving up.

As Dan Rafael said in his chat yesterday, it will be an interesting year for the heavyweight division.
                    Fair enough.

Comment

pulev and chambers.

both are yet to live up to their potential, though.

chambers is out of shape, and really only a cruiserweight. and pulev was an amateur for a long time and is only recently stepping up as a pro.

Comment

Working...
                      X