No announcement yet.

backyard sparring? (video)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• backyard sparring? (video)

Hello guys, just looking for some input/advice.

My brother and I watch have been watching boxing since 2006, although he doesn't watch as much as I do.

We are planning on joining a gym soon, but over the past few years we've been "trying" to box by being self taught, and sparring with friends from time to time.

He met a guy in school, in the blue headgear (195lbs), who has been training at a boxing gym for about 5 months. They're both 17 years old.

They decided to spar for 3 rounds. My brother (185lbs) is in the black headgear:

Who in your opinion did better against the other?

What are some obvious flaws you can point out in either person?

I know we're being limited by not having a legit boxing trainer, but we will in the future.

Thanks all.
    Last edited by boxingsmash69; 02-10-2011, 06:48 AM.

both guys seem pretty slow and you should be moving better on your feet for being 17 the guy with blue guard has cement in his feet

Comment

oh no you didn't

Comment

Where do you guys live? in CALI? Keep at it man, You guys will improve every round you spar. Good to see real people on here going at it

Comment

Its not bad for guys just starting out. You get props from me for doing it in the first place.

If you guys keep it up you'll get better and better. Don't listen to the pussies talking shit cuz' one right hand to the bridge of the nose would be enough for them to never spar again.

Comment

Both looked pretty equal but the blue guy has slighty better reflexes.

Comment

gave all three rounds to your brother

nice little scrap they had going

Comment

i think the two of you should start with the basics before sparring

Comment

Originally posted by Pez View Post
                  Both looked pretty equal but the blue guy has slighty better reflexes.
                  I disagree imo i thought the guy with the black head gear on looked technically better
                  Keep it up guys

Comment

I gave the sparring session to your brother (black head gear). That's pretty good for being self taught. Keep it up and get in a boxing gym if you guys can. The guy in the blue head gear doesn't look like he been training for 5 months. He was good at blocking punches but he leans forward a lot. That's a no no unless you like tasting uppercuts lol. No offense to him but for a guy that been training in a boxing gym for 5 months, your bro looked better than him in this sparring match. Tell your brother to work on setting up punches and combination's more. Keep at it though that wasn't bad at all for beginners.

Comment

Working...
                    X