Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roy Jones compares Calzaghe to Marciano

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this statement says to me that Roy, in is mind, really feels like he is going to win. For him to Pump a guy up that much can only be to make a big deal out of it when he wins. I think that is what roy is doing. He know Joe is not comparable to what he was himslef in his prime. I think we all know that. joe is indeed a great fghter and I think unless roy comes out with the ideea that he is going to let his hands go then Joe will ge thim.

Comment

Originally posted by travi$ View Post
      Ok, I like Joe but this is a bit far

Roy Jones Jr has compared Joe Calzaghe to Rocky Marciano ahead of their clash at Madison Square Garden on 8 November.

"Calzaghe's one of the best fighters ever, one of the greatest of all time," Jones told BBC Sport Wales.

"He has a 100% record of 45-0, Marciano was 39-0. He's a true athlete I respect - we've nothing bad to say to each other, we'll give it all in the ring."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/7620529.stm
      RJJ talking up calzaghe so when he beats him he can claim he's back. too bad rjj won't win.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
        RJJ talking up calzaghe so when he beats him he can claim he's back. too bad rjj won't win.
        We have a winner.

Comment

Haha they've been through this so many times... They are just tired of all that hate between fights.

But I really hope that we will get a good fight and ofcourse Joe to come out as a winner. I believe he will based on skills.

Comment

He is hyping Joe. So if he wins...he beat a great great fighter, if he loses he's just a past prime fighter who gave his best to try to beat a great fighter.

Comment

actin like a *** why is he being so nice?

Comment

Originally posted by travi$ View Post
                Ok, I like Joe but this is a bit far

Roy Jones Jr has compared Joe Calzaghe to Rocky Marciano ahead of their clash at Madison Square Garden on 8 November.

"Calzaghe's one of the best fighters ever, one of the greatest of all time," Jones told BBC Sport Wales.

"He has a 100% record of 45-0, Marciano was 39-0. He's a true athlete I respect - we've nothing bad to say to each other, we'll give it all in the ring."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/7620529.stm
                Jones has a point but maybe that's not really a compliment you know? Marciano's biggest win was over a washed up Joe Louis and Calzaghe's biggest win was over a 43 year old pretty washed up himself Bernard Hopkins.
                Both these fighters were allowed to retire undefeated without loud protests from anyone. I could point out more resemblences but it would be pointless.

Comment

RJJ still alive?

Comment

Working...
                  X