No announcement yet.

Ya'll ever get sleep Paralysis?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ya'll ever get sleep Paralysis?

Yes, another thread involving sleep lol.

But seriously, the other threads reminded me of this. I was going to make a thread on it eventually anyway.

I get if somewhat often & it can be a very terrifying experience if you have no prior knowledge to it.

The first time I experienced it was when I was 14-15. I was sleeping on my back when all of a I sudden woke up. I tried moving myself but it felt like a force was holding me down. I also felt another presence in the room. Needless to say, I was ****ting bricks. After awhile I felt breathing near my ear & saw shadows moving around in the darkness. After what felt like an eternity for me I was finally able to move. I hopped from my bed, threw my door open, & ran to the living room.

I was drenched in sweat & my heart was racing. I seriously thought a ghost, demon, or something was ****ing with me.

I told my mom the next day about it & she explained to me it was sleep paralysis. Apparently she got it fairly often when she was younger.

I looked up on the internet & that calmed my nerves quite a lot.

Whenever I get it now I just try stay calm & wait for it to pass. Although it still can be quite unnerving.

So how about you guys? Has it happened to you? How often? And what do you experience?

Yup it used to happen to me 2 years ago. Feels like something holding down but you can open your eyes yet you cant talk. Crazy shyt.

Comment

I had that. Feels like sinking and being drowned.

I just let it pass instead of fighting it. If you fight it that's when you wake up, but if you force yourself to relax it goes away and you drift back to sleep.

Comment

The fourth kind.

Comment

Originally posted by Burner © View Post
          Yup it used to happen to me 2 years ago. Feels like something holding down but you can open your eyes yet you cant talk. Crazy shyt.
          Yea, the first time it happened I tried to yell for help but I couldn't. Really scary.

Comment

Originally posted by Even Money View Post
            I had that. Feels like sinking and being drowned.

I just let it pass instead of fighting it. If you fight it that's when you wake up, but if you force yourself to relax it goes away and you drift back to sleep.
            I panicked the first time it happened, but yeah you're right. It's better to just relax & let it pass.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
              The fourth kind.
              I've never seen that film, but it has to do with something similar to sleep paralysis, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Enchanted View Post
                I panicked the first time it happened, but yeah you're right. It's better to just relax & let it pass.
                Its scary when you can't breathe but you can if you relax your lungs and your shoulders.

Comment

The 4th kind is a ****ed up movie. It pushes the Alien are demons theory. It never says it during the movie but watching it a second time was mind blowing all the things I missed.

Comment

Originally posted by Even Money View Post
                    Its scary when you can't breathe but you can if you relax your lungs and your shoulders.
                    Yup, very true.
                    Originally posted by Burner © View Post
                    The 4th kind is a ****ed up movie. It pushes the Alien are demons theory. It never says it during the movie but watching it a second time was mind blowing all the things I missed.
                    Sounds like a really interesting movie. I'll try to see it soon.

Comment

Working...
                    X