No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo-Lara: Expert Poll Discussing The Fight, Outcome

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo-Lara: Expert Poll Discussing The Fight, Outcome

Boxingscene.com put together a poll about a possible showdown between junior middleweight Erislandy Lara (16-1-1, 11KOs) and undefeated WBC champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (40-0-1, 9KOs). Eight of our selected experts picked Lara to win, with four picking Canelo and eight others believe the fight is a 50-50 encounter. Canelo returns on September 15th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. The opponent has not been finalized. Lara has been calling for the opportunity.

[Click Here To Read More]

i'd be suprised if he fought Lara, too much risk. Canelo probably fight Cotto next year, no way GBP does anything to wreck that pot of gold. Cotto will be the 1st real opponent of his career, bet.

Comment

Good tough fight. Could go either way.

Lara's good but he's not a monster like some hype him up to be. Ask Molina.

Comment

Big reason why this fight wont happen

Comment

i just dont think lara is all they say,to me if u looked bad against molina u arent that good,hes ok but not what people make him out to be,plus he has no fans,canelo has a huge following and it will just be getting bigger,this guy is on his way to being a ppv star while lara stays at espn/telefutura with about 800 fans in attendance

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
            i just dont think lara is all they say,to me if u looked bad against molina u arent that good,hes ok but not what people make him out to be,plus he has no fans,canelo has a huge following and it will just be getting bigger,this guy is on his way to being a ppv star while lara stays at espn/telefutura with about 800 fans in attendance
            Well why don't you start by telling me who has actually looked good against Molina. Then maybe we'll take the crap your spouting seriously.

Comment

Bj Flores knows whats up. If Lara couldnt handle Molina's pressure there's no way in hell he can handle Canelo's.

Comment

I really don't understand why this fight isn't already signed. Even if Canelo doesn't win this fight, I doubt it would derail his stardom.

The respect he would get from taking the fight, and if he loses, would still have him as a marketable fighter.

I don't understand this obsession with the 0 in the loss column.

Yeah I agree that Lara is the favorite and should win this fight; but if Canelo dares to be great, this can be a coming out party for him.

Make it happen already!

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
                  ito me if u looked bad against molina u arent that good
                  So everyone who ever fought Molina isn't that good??????!!! You need to rethink before you post and look at the names who have not looked good against him. They include champions, former champs, and top contenders. That was not a very bright statement you made.

Comment

Originally posted by liraj View Post
                    Bj Flores knows whats up. If Lara couldnt handle Molina's pressure there's no way in hell he can handle Canelo's.
                    He handled the Punisher's pretty well.

Comment

Working...
                    X