Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is any momentum Gamboa had absolutely gone at this point?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by subhuman View Post
    I don't know what he's in "talks" about. There's too much speculation and not enough confirmation. Jeff clearly says he "thinks" they are his fighters, so it's not 100% certain. But yes, it's a possibility.
    Arum has even been quoted on here and other sites about Gamboa either returning on the December 8th Pacquiao card or the December 15th card in Miami, which may or may not be off now.

It seems pretty clear that Gamboa isn't working with Floyd, or else his team wouldn't be in talks to return on Top Rank cards.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      Arum has even been quoted on here and other sites about Gamboa either returning on the December 8th Pacquiao card or the December 15th card in Miami, which may or may not be off now.

It seems pretty clear that Gamboa isn't working with Floyd, or else his team wouldn't be in talks to return on Top Rank cards.
      Didn't Gamboa try to sue Top Rank after he completely bailed on the Rios fight? I don't know how good of standing they are in but it's only speculation right now. I'll wait till the facts are settled in.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        TMT is taking over!

Just kidding....yeah, he definitely killed a lot of the momentum he had built up for himself. But he just has to start fighting again and performing spectacularly like he used to.

That will get him back in the limelight in no time.

it's only a matter of time before he starts to slow markedly. i give it no more than a few years.

after all, he's a 30 + year old featherweight who relies on his speed.

he'll almost certainly go down in history as a guy whose potential was never fully realized in the professionals.
        Last edited by New England; 10-15-2012, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Pretty much.....

Comment

Nothing that he can't regain with a solid performance over a good opponent. After Gamboa dropkicks a Roman Martinez, Demarco, or whoever gets the WBO trinket at 140 (JMM will vacate), his momentum will be even better than it had been before the layoff. Would've been nice to see Gamboa-Broner, but whoever has Gamboa's contract has seemingly gone over to Top Rank.

Comment

Working...
            X