No announcement yet.

Jack Dempsey vs Ken Norton

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack Dempsey vs Ken Norton

Who do you think will win this interesting match-up? I think I'll go for Dempsey because of the power.
    Dempsey
    87.50%
    Norton
    12.50%

If (would be) cruiserweight Jose Luis Garcia could KO Norton, I don't like his chances against Dempsey. Bad matchup for Norton.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
      If (would be) cruiserweight Jose Luis Garcia could KO Norton, I don't like his chances against Dempsey. Bad matchup for Norton.
      Scott did ever see that fight? I've tried to find it with no luck. Only the rematch. I also agree with you based on that fight among other things. Norton never did well with big punchers.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
        Scott did ever see that fight? I've tried to find it with no luck. Only the rematch. I also agree with you based on that fight among other things. Norton never did well with big punchers.
        Yes, that fight was shown on local LA television on the Olympic Auditorium weekly fights. The KO was legit.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
          Yes, that fight was shown on local LA television on the Olympic Auditorium weekly fights. The KO was legit.
          Yeah I've heard that Norton was out cold. Maybe that's one reason why Ali overlooked him.

Comment

Norton would be intimidated by Dempsey's ferocity and power. Dempsey KO 5.

You're gonna have to go a little higher than Ken Norton to take on Jack Dempsey.
            Last edited by BigStereotype; 12-18-2012, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Im with u guys Dempsey KO
              Id say before 6

Comment

Two things Norton hated.......pace and power! Dempsey surely takes this one by stoppage!

Comment

Working...
                X