No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: BBBoC Explain Rejection of Chisora vs. Scott Protest

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: BBBoC Explain Rejection of Chisora vs. Scott Protest

The BBBoC will not review Dereck Chisora’s stoppage win over America’s Malick Scott despite promoter Dan Goossen’s official protest. The Board, via a letter from General Secretary Robert Smith, have backed referee Phil Edwards and have now closed the book on the result. Chisora caught his undefeated opponent with a looping right hand in the closing moments of the sixth round of their July 20th battle at London’s Wembley Arena. The 32-year-old visitor put himself at risk of a count out because he did not start to rise until the count hit nine and was ‘counted out in the act of rising’ as per BBBoC guidelines. Smith also dealt with the claim that the referee did not hit the “10 and out” part of the count.

[Click Here To Read More]

Deal with it

Comment

Thank god that's put to bed now.

Saddest part of this was Scott's team were trying to diminish or negate Chisora's victory, which he had worked hard for and was deserving of, regardless of whether the number 10 was said or not.

Comment

i guess that's that, then. i'd still like a rematch, if nothing better crops up for chisora.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
          i guess that's that, then. i'd still like a rematch, if nothing better crops up for chisora.
          That's Bollox. Don't get me wrong I love Chisora. The Chisora haters are idiots that would have hated Ali. But whether that fight took place in a BBBoC boxing ring or a playground in Iraq that fight was not over.

not saying it was a fix or a robbery, but that fight was not over

Comment

Originally posted by ImStillHere View Post
            That's Bollox. Don't get me wrong I love Chisora. The Chisora haters are idiots that would have hated Ali. But whether that fight took place in a BBBoC boxing ring or a playground in Iraq that fight was not over.

not saying it was a fix or a robbery, but that fight was not over
            Yea i agree, the fight wasn't over but what was Malik Scott playing at? Just looking at his fight record speaks volumes. He doesn't have the mindset to be a boxer. When the Ref waved the fight off Scott just accepted it, I only saw his corner going nuts. The majority of fighters would have gone apesht had that happened to them.

Comment

So in the UK the count is "7, 8, 9, out?"

Well the "out" should still happen one second after 9. Which didn't happen here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                So in the UK the count is "7, 8, 9, out?"

Well the "out" should still happen one second after 9. Which didn't happen here.
                Counted out in the act of rising.

Comment

eh I'm past this. Scott was stupid and the ref was trigger happy but watcha gonna do.

Comment

Well it's nice of the BBoC to pretend they put thought into it.

In reality all they should have said was "Scott is American. Edwards did what he was instructed to do by the promoter. Protest rejected."

Comment

Working...
                    X