No announcement yet.

Berto Last Night.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berto Last Night.....

Am I crazy or did anyone else think he was trying to fight like Mosley did Margarito? It seemed he was trying to hold his ground, hold and push back Urango in a similar fashion to what Mosley did to Margy.....He just wasn't as successful in landing like Mosley did due to Urango being an awkward southpaw.....Thoughts and comments?

It seemed as though Berto could do whatever he wanted when he wanted but simply wouldn't sustain his attack.....

he's overrated,
    he held urango every round, even berto's trainer was telling him to hold, but not to long so the ref wouldent call it.

collazo fight proved to me that he's overrated,
    this fight proved to me that mosley, cotto, mayweather, and pac
    would kill him

Comment

I don't agree with the TS at all. Even though Mosley clinched Margarito quite a bit in the early portion of their fight it was desinged to impose his will and sap Margarito's strenght. The kind of clinching Berto did against Urango was the afraid to get hit type of clinching. And Mosley eventually eased off of his clinching of where Berto just constantly did it time and time again.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta View Post
        I don't agree with the TS at all. Even though Mosley clinched Margarito quite a bit in the early portion of their fight it was desinged to impose his will and sap Margarito's strenght. The kind of clinching Berto did against Urango was the afraid to get hit type of clinching. And Mosley eventually eased off of his clinching of where Berto just constantly did it time and time again.
        I see what you mean but I disagree that it was an 'afraid' type of hold. He was smiling and laughing most of the time he was doing it. It was like it was on purpose.....why I don't know but he certainly wasn't afraid.

Comment

He got scared of Urango's power.

Comment

Somewhat. You aren't going to look good in every fight. Berto still needs to sharpen up his defense.

He's a good fighter. Who is he overrated by? Certainly not the media who knows little of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Demise View Post
              He got scared of Urango's power.
              Well thats why I made this thread because I was wondering what others thought. I simply did not see him being afraid of Urangos power though. As he said after the fight and as another poster mentioned.....It seems he really stuck to the "gameplan" and even his trainer was telling him to hold....I just don't understand why. It was clear that he was the superior fighter in the ring and he could really hit Urango at will when he boxed him.....

Comment

Originally posted by lefhooktodabody View Post
                Somewhat. You aren't going to look good in every fight. Berto still needs to sharpen up his defense.

He's a good fighter. Who is he overrated by? Certainly not the media who knows little of him.
                Yeah he's certainly not overrated. He's only 25 with 25 pro fights. He's clearly a work in progress with unlimited potential. Berto is a super star in the making. I don't understand why evewryone jumps on young fighters that don't perform to the level they're capable of in every single fight.

Comment

I doubt very serious he was afraid. He was Toooooooo defensive last night. He sure didnt win over any fans last night. I was at the fight last night and people were booing him and cursing him... Just all around bad fight to watch. I wish i can get my $$ back LOL. Urango was there to hit....WHY HOLD and run????

Comment

N need for all that clinchin. Aside from that Berto did good work.

Comment

Working...
                    X