No announcement yet.

When it is all said and done Donaire will smash the Cuban Rigo and his fans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
    Not sure what his problem is but most of us Cubans post on here regularly. Not like the Vanes fans who only pop up when the headline reads "Vanes Martirosyan".
    My guess is that most of Martirosyan's fans are of Armenian descent. There aren't many Armenians in the world. The country has a tiny population, approximately 3.5 million. There are many more scattered throughout the world (due to historical turmoil), an estimated 5-7 million.

There aren't too many pro boxers of Armenian descent that I'm aware of, apart from Vanes and Vic Darchinyan, so I can understand why you only see their fans pop up when their names appear. Considering how small the total Armenian population on earth is, and the fact that boxing isn't a national passion, they seem to being doing respectably in the sport.

(As a side note, Armenia produces some of the best chess players in the world. As a fan of the game, I'm highly impressed with their success.)

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC
      Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

Not sure what his problem is but most of us Cubans post on here regularly. Not like the Vanes fans who only pop up when the headline reads "Vanes Martirosyan".

My guess is that most of Martirosyan's fans are of Armenian descent. There aren't many Armenians in the world. The country has a tiny population, approximately 3.5 million. There are many more scattered throughout the world (due to historical turmoil), an estimated 5-7 million.

There aren't too many pro boxers of Armenian descent that I'm aware of, apart from Vanes and Vic Darchinyan, so I can understand why you only see their fans pop up when their names appear. Considering how small the total Armenian population on earth is, and the fact that boxing isn't a national passion, they seem to being doing respectably in the sport.

(As a side note, Armenia produces some of the best chess players in the world. As a fan of the game, I'm highly impressed with their success.)
      Interesting facts especially about their chess history. Like I said, I'm not sure what TS's issue is given the fact that almost half of the people in this place only pop up in threads that pertain to their fighter.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
        hell yeah i watch all cards on showtime adn hbo and everywhere else, i dont know where the hatin coming from we know our boxing not only rigo, gamboa and maja.

Comment

• Originally posted by TensionKiller View Post
          I have never seen such a rise in Cuban fans. Usually they are nice guys, but now they are desperate. Almost like Rican's when Cotto was fighting Pac.

When Donaire signs that paper, I gurantee any Cuban a bet with all my points to theres(Same amount). I will also give up my signature for 1 month for whoever takes the bet.

Donaire will beat Rigo an most likely by KO but UD a possibilty. I highly suspect that Rigo kept that helmet on for a reason.

Rigo is a product of hype for a good fighter. He isn't great yet, because he has faced some below par opposition. It's easy to look great VS guys who are not that good.

I am not saying Donaire has faced everyone good, but much more than Rigo.
          Where is this troll now?

Comment

• Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
            Its just a matter of time before this 11 fight vet , gets a professional wake up call by one of the best ! :WORD:
            Or was it the other way around?

Comment

• Originally posted by HaglerSteelChin View Post
              People are forgetting that Rigo has an extensive amateur record which reflects more than his limited professional record. The speed, power, and ring IQ of Rigo will be a good test for Donaire. I was ringside when Donaire fought Narvaez, and the Pinoys kept saying that Omar was going "Night Night", but look what happenend.
              I still favor Donaire by 3-2 odds to win. But all this is wishful thinking as the fight may not happen.
              Why did i say 3-2 odds, because look at the BS scores, they were planning to rob RIgo. He won 117-111 on my card, yet two judges had it 114-113 and 115-112. If Rigo won 6 rounds he wouldn't get a draw, DOnaire would get the win, if he won 8 rounds than he would get a draw, he needed to win 9 rounds to avoid the robbery,

Good pick Haglersteelchin Green K to myself. I guess this Cuban American was not as delusional as the Donaire fans predicted? What happened to El BOSS HOGG the other troll, i guess he is still eating crow?

Comment

• Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
                Nonito is a level above almost every fighter around his weight class. The only one that I can see giving him a tough fight is Mares who has showned the ability to adjust. Mares doesn't have a lot of power but I still like that fight.

Rigo will shut down like every other fighter has shut down against Donaire. Nonito has too much speed, punching power and ring savy. He sees everything in the ring and is always thinking in there.

Rigo hasn't faced any top fighters, he looks good but is very unproven

Comment

Working...
                X