Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it time to acknowledge Andre Ward as the world's best fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If not, who's currently better and why do you think so?

Comment

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
      If not, who's currently better and why do you think so?
      why do you think ward is? any particular opponent he has beat? or any particular performance that makes him the best in the world?

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
        why do you think ward is? any particular opponent he has beat? or any particular performance that makes him the best in the world?
        Winning an Olympic gold medal, winning the Super Six, beating the best 175 pounder in the world (even if he did it at 168lbs,) and being undefeated. That's one hell of a resume.

I have him at #2 behind only Floyd. But Mayweather is getting older and is very inactive while Ward is just starting to hit his prime.

The #1 spot will be all his before long and he'll keep it for a while.

Comment

His recent record certainly looks a lot better than Mayweather's or Pacquiao's

Comment

nope. ward is best at super middleweight but i don't think he deserves to be placed number at no. 1 p4p. he has conquered just one division which in my eyes is not enough. donaire's recent performance was much better and should be placed higher than ward on the p4p scale.

Comment

No, I mean Hell NO!

Ward's style is painful to watch, period! This guy strictly fights at home all the time and other than his "hometown" fans, he has none! He has zero personality an ugly style and holds more than Bernard "The Hugger" Hopkins! His win over Dawson wasn't that impressive, Dawson looked like he just wanted to get it over and get out of town. It as if he didn't even show up to fight, so if you think that was Ward's greatest win to date your in trouble!

Comment

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
                I think SOG may very well be the best fighter in the world right now. Floyd didnt look that great against Cotto, he's clearly lost a step. Who knows if/when he'll fight again and how he'll look if he does? As great as Floyd still is, I think Ward is the better all around fighter right now. Ward is currently in his prime and the scary part is that he keeps getting better. Is Ward the best fighter in boxing?

Comment

More and more he continues to impress but then when I re-watch some of Mayweather's recent fights I'm not so sure if I'm ready to say he is. Based on recent accomplishments you gotta go with Ward over anyone else though.

Comment

Ward ain't done shizzle, the hype is hard with this one

Comment

I have Ward num 2 on my list...He can't replace Mayweather yet tho..Mayweather too good too long and still undefeated...May is still the best in the world..With Ward hot on his heels...

Comment

Working...
                      X