Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone here good at budgeting/saving money?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
    The downside is the girls at sainsurys call you bargain man
    who cares? he can afford to get them all liquored up in preparation for his name that she will repeat while he continuously plunges his manhood into her sweltering vagine.

OGNOM, OGNOM!!!!!

Comment

I grew up poor and doing alright now. I'm saving money for a small business.

Comment

The downside is the girls at sainsurys call you bargain man
        Not really. It was said with admiration. She was my favorite check out girl that I would always go to especially when pulling the Buy 1 get 1 free scam. I bought 52 punnets of reduced rasberries at 20 p each when they were originally Ł1.79. so for every 40p spent on 2 punnets I would get a credit of Ł1.79 up Ł1.40 25 times. She would just let it go when other check out girls would call the manager. In return I used to let her have bits I bought if she wanted them. My mate I went to the bootsale with ended going out with her sister and he is tighter than me. She thought his tight wad money saving ways were great because he had his head screwed on. The girl at the check out said my sister fancies your mate ,is he single what is he like? I said he was single,very well behaved eats all his food and very enthusiastic. They are now together and go bootsaling together.
        Last edited by Prince Mongo; 02-10-2013, 07:28 AM.

Comment

I need to be more like Prince Mongo instead of being a weekend millionaire.

Comment

i am good with my money...

i am very good with my money. i have put over $120000 in my work pension(17 years to go & my work pension is at $1300\month & by the time i'm 55 it should be in the $2500-3000 range) got $20000 in savings i can't touch. i travel lots & go to concerts, etc. i write everything down & set out a budget for everything i do. i get paid every week & put $100\week into RSP(tax shelter). i also take an extra $150\check of income tax off each week so in march at taxtime i get back a fat tax return. i'm only $9700 in debt & that won't take me long to pay. i could pay it with my tax return but i'm going to go to vancouver in may for a weekend & cuba for 11 days in april so i'll just plug away at the loan instead of paying it all off. stay out of the night clubs & off hard drugs. put a small portion of your check away in savings(10%)for a vacation or rainy day emergency fund, etc...the key is making a budget, not wasting money on wants & only spend on needs until you got enough money in your savings to do what you want with it...

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Mongo View Post
              I am real good at saving money.I hit Sainsburys at 7 O Clock when they are reducing the food. I go twice a week spend no more than Ł8 a time and get around Retail price of Ł80 of food each time. It goes straight in the freezer. I go to the boot sales every Sunday and if you are prepared to wait a bit what you want always turns up. I buy things cheap at the bootsale and sell it on Ebay and that pays for my rent and petrol for the week.
              I don't have a credit card and don't want one. When you spend cash you notice the wad go down so it keeps you in check. When I go away I am looking for cheap tickets and buy my clothes in the States and wait until there are bargain deals.
              A couple of years ago the Sainsbury's check out girl set up at a bootsale selling her items and spotted me and said "Look it is bargain man". I have have got to the point where I just can not waste money ,it makes me feel ill.
              sounds good but eating previously frozen meat is sub human. No thanks....

Comment

Hell no I'm terrible with money...I make 80 a year and I live paycheck to paycheck

Comment

Im pretty good at it because i dont buy much. I like to save, then splurge on big items like vacations or traveling.

Its also not good to have money sitting around, always invest in something, not $13 beers at a bar

Comment

I'm awful at it, it doesn't help that im poor. I guess im kinda good at saving money up for things to waste said money on...

Comment

Money is my biggest weakness, im bloody terrible with it.

I get paid a decent amount, my rent is cheap, I should be able to save almost half my wages realistically, but yet i'm starting to get into an unpleasant amount of debt. I just don't know where the money goes.
                      that how I was. The reality of my horrible spending and financial irresponsibility hit last year during tax time. I had no money and had to file 70k worth of 1099 and 1099 are non taxed not to mention I have no dependents and I file as single. Got hit hard.

so this year I made substantially more but I put 60% away this time so I aint gotta stress tax time this time around.

My advice is to put the money away in a bank account you dont use, that way you dont be messing or seeing your balance all the time, or you can do what my roomates does and put all his money in a 5gallon water bucket wraped in duck tape.

Comment

Working...
                      X