No announcement yet.

Let's talk about ****ty stoppages...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DLT View Post
    Nah, he was out. Remember, the ref started counting 1st. Its not like he did it right away. He was counting, and then saw that Witherspoon looked out and then stopped it. Plus Chaz didnt complain at all so that tells you everything. He was done. Also, we cant really tell because the HBO camera turned away so we didnt even see the stoppage at the time
    I agree, also he's a past heavy weight boxer... so he knows when they're out

Comment

it wasnt a standing 8. It was ruled a knock down because the ropes were holding him up
      I thought that only applies when you're falling from a shot but you don't cause the ropes held you up?

Comment

it wasnt a standing 8. It was ruled a knock down because the ropes were holding him up
        Standing 8 in the pro ranks is a KD

It just means the ropes held you up and if they werent there youd be on your ass

In the amateurs its different

Comment

IMO they just fcuked up what could of possibly been a great HW fight! Witherspoon rolled with the punch & seemed okay, his left was cuffed to his ear and his legs was fine. Maybe I've had one too many but that seemed premature to me. If anything it looked like Mitchell had left himself open & Witherspoon was looking for a counter.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            IMO they just fcuked up what could of possibly been a great HW fight! Witherspoon rolled with the punch & seemed okay, his left was cuffed to his ear and his legs was fine. Maybe I've had one too many but that seemed premature to me. If anything it looked like Mitchell had left himself open & Witherspoon was looking for a counter.
            I also thought Witherspoon was standing just fine on his legs leaning on the ropes. Im sure Mitchell would've taken him out eventually in that round or the next but that was a bs stoppage Imo.

Comment

Dude was out on his feet and was still out in his corner after. Great stoppage and great job counting cause the ropes were holding him up. Good job old man. Great fight

Comment

Whitherspoon and his corner had no complaints so dont think anyone should be whining about decision!

Comment

Naa disagree with a corner & fighter having to go mad over what they consider a premature stoppage. I didn't see Abril & his corner going ape a few weeks back and that was one of the most disgraceful decisions ever. Not the same but an example.

Comment

Working...
                  X