No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kell Brook is Itching To Unload Damage on Senchenko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kell Brook is Itching To Unload Damage on Senchenko

Kell Brook has vowed to put on a show in front of his home fans when he fights Ukrainian Vyasheslav Senchenko at the Motorpoint Arena in Sheffield on Saturday night.

Victory for Brook is likely to hand him an IBF world title showdown, potentially with Devon Alexander, who he was due to face on three occasions before injuries to both men derailed his shot at the champion.

Senchenko will be no walkover, though, and is preparing to fight in Britain for the first time since beating Ricky Hatton in his ill-fated comeback fight last November.

Speaking at Thursday's press conference ahead of the bout, Brook warned his opponent that he will be fighting 'a monster' once the first bell sounds. [Click Here To Read More]

All this talk from Brook's camp is unsettling. I hope he doesn't go out looking for a big KO from the first minute because Senchenko is a wiley customer. He will work his way in and hurt Brook if the Sheffield man is not careful.

The Ingles need to tell him to calm down and focus, the win here is important with a world title fight so close.

Comment

GIFSoup

Brook is a joke..

Comment

There's nothing wiley about Senchenko. This guy was getting bashed up by a shot hatton. One of the worst belt holders i've seen in a long time. If Brook can't walk through this guy, he ain't going nowhere.

Comment

Originally posted by badnewsbrown View Post
          There's nothing wiley about Senchenko. This guy was getting bashed up by a shot hatton. One of the worst belt holders i've seen in a long time. If Brook can't walk through this guy, he ain't going nowhere.
          Senchenko is very wiley, he can be cagey, he's long but he has a good inside game. Against Hatton, he decided to work the body from very early on, seeing how the other man was reacting to his shots. He also tucks his elbows in better than a lot of guys so the opponents body shots rarely land clean.

You have to be a quick combination puncher like Malignaggi to get Senchenko cornered and confused. Brook is not as quick and doesn't throw as many combinations, but he does hi ta lot harder. Brook should win this but like I say, he has to be careful and not look past this guy, these are the types of banana peels that young fighters often slip up on.

Comment

Originally posted by badnewsbrown View Post
            I have to agree. He stayed in the fight until self abuse and old age (as a fighter) KO'd Ricky Hatton. The loss to Paulie at home is more telling. Paulie is pure boxer, Kell is a boxer puncher. That should be more than Sechenko can digest.

Comment

He needs to look impressive. He better not over commit and get caught himself.

Comment

Brook did not look good at all to me in his last fight. I might put money on Senchenko to put an end to Brook. He seems to be overlooking Senchenko and I feel he might pay for it this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                  Brook did not look good at all to me in his last fight. I might put money on Senchenko to put an end to Brook. He seems to be overlooking Senchenko and I feel he might pay for it this weekend.
                  A draw or Brook on points is the more likely of outcomes, Senchenko isn't sparking Brook - he may, however, drop him at some point through out the fight.

I don't know if Brook's favourite to win by stoppage... I hope so.

Comment

Working...
                  X