Collapse
No announcement yet.

canelo KILLS lara

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something tells me this is exactly the type of reaction Lara wanted from this fight. Hehehe

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
      Hernandez cuts easy as hell and Lara landed about 250 headbutts. I was starting to become a fan of Lara but the use of his head in this last fight was garbage. Him against Canelo is still 50/50 though IMO.
      So Lara was headbutting on purpose now? You must be related to the ref who took that 1 point off for headbutting. But didn't do a damn thing about Hernandez punching behind the head.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
        So Lara was headbutting on purpose now? You must be related to the ref who took that 1 point off for headbutting. But didn't do a damn thing about Hernandez punching behind the head.
        That double slap/butt was intentional as hell. The point off was make-up for that. Lara has clearly been learning something from countryman Casamayor on the tricks of the trade.

Comment

Hernandez? Is this the 147 ponder that lost to Berto in the first?

Comment

Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
            Hernandez? Is this the 147 ponder that lost to Berto in the first?
            And beat Luis Collazo his last out. Hernandez fought his heart out Saturday but came to not get stopped. Lara carved him up.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
              Lara would smack Canelo around bad. When superfans start dogging a guy for pitching a shutout, bank they go to sleep in fear.
              I find it hilarious that people are saying K9 would be a better opponent since he KO'd Spinks and Lara didn't KO Hernandez.

Comment

You got me wrong. I've been HUGE on Lara since early in his career. My Twitter feed has been all about #MakeLaraCanelo since last week. Really like what I see there.

I like Canelo. I think he could be fun in the vein of Chacon over the course of his career.

I've been suspect of Gamboa (I often refer to him as Zab Gamboa) but all three of the top Cubans I'm very high on.
                I was mistaken. I remembered your prior statements about Gamboa as being about Lara. My apologies.

Interesting to know that you've been tweeting in sympathy with other sportswriters. It seems more and more people in the industry are clamoring for a Lara-Alvarez bout.

By the way, I don't share your sentiments about Yuri, but I can see your comparison. lol at "Zab Gamboa."

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                  I was mistaken. I remembered your prior statements about Gamboa as being about Lara. My apologies.

Interesting to know that you've been tweeting in sympathy with other sportswriters. It seems more and more people in the industry are clamoring for a Lara-Alvarez bout.

By the way, I don't share your sentiments about Yuri, but I can see your comparison. lol at "Zab Gamboa."
                  He can be breathtaking but he has huge mental lapses and still has big holes. I've always thought Lara would be the best of the bunch before he was done, though Rigo makes me wonder (still a little too one handed).

Lara is one of those dudes who does a LOT of things right (though he could be a little less precise) but not one thing that really stands out. It hurts him in some sense, but he's close to complete.

Comment

He can be breathtaking but he has huge mental lapses and still has big holes. I've always thought Lara would be the best of the bunch before he was done, though Rigo makes me wonder (still a little too one handed).

Lara is one of those dudes who does a LOT of things right (though he could be a little less precise) but not one thing that really stands out. It hurts him in some sense, but he's close to complete.
                    Though Yuri is my favorite of the three to watch, I've always regarded Rigo as the best of the bunch (one-handedness notwithstanding). Lara has always been my "number three," a shade behind the other two in either ability or excitement.

Gamboa is tops at 126, in my opinion. Guillermo and Nonito are probably the best at 122. In short, these guys are elite. Erislandy is a solid top-ten; and, I believe, arguably top-five at 154. However, I'm not prepared to consider him "elite."

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                      Though Yuri is my favorite of the three to watch, I've always regarded Rigo as the best of the bunch (one-handedness notwithstanding). Lara has always been my "number three," a shade behind the other two in either ability or excitement.

Gamboa is tops at 126, in my opinion. Guillermo and Nonito are probably the best at 122. In short, these guys are elite. Erislandy is a solid top-ten; and, I believe, arguably top-five at 154. However, I'm not prepared to consider him "elite."
                      I think a motivated Lara beats anyone at 22 right now. Gamboa won't be at 26 much longer but he'll mix at 30 well. With Fortuna and Russell coming up quick, 30 is about to blow up. I still regard Nishioka as tops at 22, but his window is narrow. Needs to get back in the ring.

Comment

Working...
                      X