No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Paints a Masterpiece With Guerrero Victory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mayweather Paints a Masterpiece With Guerrero Victory

By Luis Sandoval - If there were any questions about Floyd “Money” Mayweather (44-0, 26KOs) those were quickly put to rest tonight as he put on a dominant performance against Robert “The Ghost” Guerrero (31-2-1, 18KOs) with a unanimous decision victory with scores of 117-111 across the board.

Mayweather’s last fight against Cotto raised plenty of questions as to if the reigning pound for pound king may have been slipping as he was hit more than we were used to seeing. At 36 years old, Mayweather showed that not only is he still the best in the game, but he still possesses the skill set he’s displayed time and time again.

You could tell almost immediately we were going to see a different Mayweather as he used his legs and began to box his southpaw opponent. Guerrero tried to press the action and even when Floyd tried to tie him up, Guerrero continued to work. While Guerrero landed some good shots to the body, that would be about as clean as he would hit Mayweather for the rest of the night. [Click Here To Read More]

Congrats to Floyd. I was wrong on my pick. Now lets stop beating around the bush, and demand a Canelo/Trout/Sergio fight. There's absolutely no WW fights that even make sense or matter at this point.

Comment

look mayweather the best..... this is the time as us fans need to unite and push for a mayweather pacuaio fight.... top welterwiegts are bradley marquez, and canelo. he should come down to fight floyd after the trout performance, no compare to mayweathers better than hagler lenard duran chavez perfomance tonight.. but really who does goldonboy have offer other than khan peterson and others at 140 but have no mainstream name. pacquiao mayweather only fight that makes since cause there is no one on this earth that will give mayweather a competive fight than congress man pacquiao.. i kno it pacs knos it, boxing needs it....dont be fooled canelo need more time.. but i kno this a business first and arum and his china dreams got to go.. boxing needs pacquiao mayweather now more than ever!!!!!!!!!

Comment

No ones beating Floyd anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERBX View Post
          No ones beating Floyd anytime soon.
          Thats because he wont fight any top guys! Good point !

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
            Congrats to Floyd. I was wrong on my pick. Now lets stop beating around the bush, and demand a Canelo/Trout/Sergio fight. There's absolutely no WW fights that even make sense or matter at this point.
            Man just STFU.

You're not a real boxing fan. Just let the victory soak in, sheesh.

At least give it a few weeks before you start demanding fantasy fights.

Comment

it was pretty boring... but when Monet painted it was boring too

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                Thats because he wont fight any top guys! Good point !
                Surely you don't mean the "Over the hill, seen his better days" guy in your avatar?

Comment

A win over a mediocre opponent. That being said was impressed with his performance and am pleased that Guerrero got schooled in front of his father.

Comment

The only thing I wanted to see after the fight was the humbled look on Ruben Guerrero's face! He did all that talking and his son got thrashed! This was just classic, Ruben Guerrero is even worse than Angel Garcia and I didn't think anyone could dethrone Angel when it comes to pure ignorance! For this reason I'm so glad Robert lost

Comment

Working...
                    X