No announcement yet.

Arum: We haven't resumed negotiations for Mayweather -vs- Pacquaio

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arum: We haven't resumed negotiations for Mayweather -vs- Pacquaio

"We have not resumed the Pacquiao-Mayweather negotiation yet, though I believe Pacquiao-Mayweather fight will happen because," for such a potentially biggest fight of the century, "it would be very, very stupid for it not to happen," says Arum, the founder and CEO of Top Rank, a professional boxing promotion company based in Las Vegas, in another related interview early this week with Examiner.com.

http://www.examiner.com/boxing-in-lo...oo-far-to-call

hmmmm..... i would beleive the quote if it came from a more reputable source !!! like espn or boxingscene !!!! the examiner doesnt sound reliable !!!!!

Comment

Like Arum, Mayweather, Jr. also discloses early this week saying, "I am waiting. There's no negotiation with Pacquiao camp yet at this time."

Report in recent weeks has it that Michael Koncz, embattled and so-called less powered adviser of Pacquiao, visited Mayweather, Jr. in Las Vegas. But, "it may have been that Team Pacquiao was simply trying to reach out Mayweather, Jr. and talk about the potential fight, which is normally a PRE-NEGOTIATION STAGE", that which Arum has confirmed. And therefore, no negotaition exists between two camps, as of this writing. As usual, Koncz has no clear word of the 'alleged' resumption of the Pacquiao-Mayweather negotiation.

"No specific details," in fact, "are yet being presented to Floyd Mayweather, Jr. And, clearly, there's no negotiation taking place yet at this time," notes one popular member of Team Pacquiao who spoke on condition of anonymity.

"If my friends from Team Pacquiao say that the Pacquiao-Mayweather negotaition is almost 'a done-deal', they are just fooling (Manny) Pacquiao. They must understand the legal process. Talking about it among themselves with somebody or anybody not really parties or party to the contract does not mean to say the negotiation has started. They are all IGNORANT of the legal process and that includes some of the writers. Please hightlight that word 'ignorant' in your article. I DON'T MEAN TO INSULT THEM.I am just telling about the true status."

"When Mayweather, Jr. says that 'no negotiation is yet started at this time', he is right." He adds.

Meanwhile, Arum, believing the fight itself will generate tremendous sums of money, says: "I believe each fighter can possibly make more than 50 million US dollars from their fight. We will find in the weeks ahead when the negotiation starts."

Arum, who is in the process of prospecting, however, declines to disclose the specific names of the investors. He believes making their names public relative to this Pacquiao-Mayweather negotiation would be betrayal of trust and confidentiality.

But, "the investors would be mainly US-based, some of them with partners outside of the American soil." He exhorts.

"Definitely, the fight would be staged in the US. We will announce the relevant details in due time once we formally meet Floyd Mayweather, Jr. and his party."

Stay tuned for more!

Comment

I'm just so sick of all of this.

Comment

Originally posted by treason1 View Post
          hmmmm..... i would beleive the quote if it came from a more reputable source !!! like espn or boxingscene !!!! the examiner doesnt sound reliable !!!!!
          Granville Ampong, a freelance writer, is married with two kids in Los Angeles. A broadsheet columnist for the Philippine Media, Granville loves to explore his own heritage, culture, and politics affecting the society as a whole. He is the curator and founder of the Investigative Agency of Journalists which has been responsible in the pre-election 2010 polls survey for the hotly contested congressional seat in Sarangani, Philippines, that is between Superstar Manny Pacquiao and business tycoon Roy Chongbian. Granville won first place in the International Speech Contest in 2000. He is also an accredited deadline/lead writer for Maharlikan Times and the famous Philboxing.com. He holds Bachelors of Business Administration and English, a graduate diploma in Professional Journalism,and a Master of Business Administration. Contact Granville at granvilleampong@aol.com.

Comment

Mayweather is the one who always tells the truth

Comment

Originally posted by [SyrianUser] View Post
              Mayweather is the one who always tells the truth

Comment

fight never happens.

Comment

these guys are playing games.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
                    these guys are playing games.
                    Exactly!!! Two-years and counting with no end in sight.

Comment

Working...
                    X