1/4 cup milk
    1/4 cup lemon-flavored olive oil or olive oil
    1 15-1/4-ounce can tropical fruit salad, drained and coarsely chopped
    1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
    1 tablespoon lime juice
    1 tablespoon snipped fresh cilantro
    Lime wedges (optional)

Directions

1. Thaw fish, if frozen. Preheat oven to 450 degree F. Grease a 15x10x1-inch baking pan; set aside. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels.

2. In a shallow dish combine the flour, pistachios or almonds, pepper, salt, tarragon, and basil. Place milk in another shallow dish. Dip fish in the milk and then coat with the flour mixture, patting flour mixture onto fish, if necessary. Place in an even layer in the prepared pan. Drizzle fish with oil. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.

3. Meanwhile, for salsa, in a small bowl combine the tropical fruit salad, vinegar, lime juice, and snipped cilantro. Serve salsa with fish. Accompany with lime wedges, if desired. Makes 4 servings.

Comment

Originally posted by 7001
      :WARNING:

This steak is very garlicy. If you don't like a lot of garlic, don't cook this recipe. I thought it was fantastic. One good thing, it kept the vampires from attacking me.

Ingredients

1 or 2 whole garlic bulb(s)
      3 to 4 teaspoons snipped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
      1 tablespoon snipped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
      2 tablespoons olive oil or cooking oil
      1-1/2 pounds boneless beef ribeye steaks or sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick
      1 to 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
      1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions
      1. With a sharp knife, cut off the top 1/2 inch from each garlic bulb to expose the ends of the individual cloves. Leaving garlic bulb(s) whole, remove any loose, papery outer layers.

2. Fold a 20x18-inch piece of heavy foil in half crosswise. Trim into a 10-inch square. Place garlic bulb(s), cut sides up, in center of foil square. Sprinkle garlic with basil and rosemary and drizzle with oil. Bring up opposite edges of foil and seal with a double fold. Fold remaining edges together to completely enclose garlic, leaving space for steam to build.

3. For a charcoal grill, grill garlic on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals about 30 minutes or until garlic feels soft when packet is squeezed, turning garlic occasionally.

4. Meanwhile, trim fat from steaks. Sprinkle pepper and salt evenly over both sides of steaks; rub in with your fingers. While garlic is grilling, add steaks to grill. Grill to desired doneness, turning once halfway through grilling. For ribeye steaks, allow 11 to 15 minutes for medium-rare (145 degrees F) and 14 to 18 minutes for medium (160 degrees F). For sirloin steak, allow 14 to 18 minutes for medium-rare (145 degrees F) and 18 to 22 minutes for medium (160 degrees F.) (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place garlic on grill; while garlic is grilling, add steaks to grill. Cover and grill as above.)

5. To serve, cut steaks into six serving-size pieces. Remove garlic from foil, reserving the oil mixture. Squeeze garlic pulp from each clove onto steaks. Mash pulp slightly with a fork; spread over steaks. Drizzle with reserved oil mixture. Makes 6 servings.
      I ate this recipe with deer steaks this weekend and it was the best.

Comment

Chocolate Porridge/Oatmeal Healthy Version

i love this thread and i have really enjoyed all the recipies so i taught id add one of my own

Chocolate Porridge/Oatmeal Healthy Version
        1/2 cup porrige oats
        2 Tbsp cocoa (try to get nonfat cocoa, as cocoa butter is no good)
        splenda or other sweetener

Cook the oats with 1.25 cups of water in a bowl in the microwave for 3 - 5 minutes, stirring halfway through. At some point either during or after cooking add the cocoa and splenda. If you add nutrasweet add it after cooking not during. Don't add the cocoa in the biginning as it won't mix as well then.

Nice and chocolatey!

As a variation, use vanilla extract and nutmeg instead of cocoa. This is really good tasting.

nice to have when your hungry, i mainly have it as change to my normal porridge

Comment

Sweet my thread has a rating

Comment

Originally posted by Kayo View Post
            Hey Post your recipes for stuff you like to eat while in training i'l start off

Tuna Taco
            you need:
            1 can of tuna
            relish
            1 whole weat soft tortilla
            Salsa
            Cheese
            Pepper(optional)
            Fat Free Miracle Whip(Mayo)

First put the tuna in a bowl mix with Mayo and add relish(pepper)
            Then put that on the tortilla.
            Cut 3 thin strips on cheese add on top then top that with salsa.
            Roll it then wrap it in aluminum foil.

Heating Instructions:
            Pre-Heat Oven to 400
            Let cook for 12-15 minutes.

Enjoy

This is about to be my meal for a while... my diet SUCKS so hopefully this will help me get "cut/ripped"

my current diet: breakfast- nothing lunch-nothing then around 5pm before boxing ill eat a fish sandwhich from mcdonalds then after practice around 9pm ill eat another one. and thats a everday routine

That mainly because im forced to eat fast food, cuz i dont kno how to cook.. but i dont wanna eat tooo much fast food, so i barely eat..lol but yeah this thread will be good for me. im about 5'10 156, and My build is pretty coo, u cant tell thats the way i eat fortunately

Comment

Originally posted by McAlister View Post
              This is about to be my meal for a while... my diet SUCKS so hopefully this will help me get "cut/ripped"

my current diet: breakfast- nothing lunch-nothing then around 5pm before boxing ill eat a fish sandwhich from mcdonalds then after practice around 9pm ill eat another one. and thats a everday routine

That mainly because im forced to eat fast food, cuz i dont kno how to cook.. but i dont wanna eat tooo much fast food, so i barely eat..lol but yeah this thread will be good for me. im about 5'10 156, and My build is pretty coo, u cant tell thats the way i eat fortunately
              you wanna be eating about 6 meals a day. The more often you eat the faster your metabolism will be. Your gunna really wanna learn how to cook as soon as i started working out then onto boxing i became like a chef

Comment

actually, the 6 meals a day increasing metabolism is overexxagarated...i read a study was done and its only a 3-8 percent increase.

i still do it anyways though

Comment

Originally posted by NJFighter91 View Post
                  actually, the 6 meals a day increasing metabolism is overexxagarated...i read a study was done and its only a 3-8 percent increase.

i still do it anyways though
                  3-8 percent is better than nothing. and plus....who doesnt love eating?

Comment

Originally posted by Kayo View Post
                    3-8 percent is better than nothing. and plus....who doesnt love eating?
                    3-8 is quite a bit. and can make a difference in the long run.

besides eating more smaller meals will also get you a more steady blood sugar

Comment

Gentleman Joe's Chicken and Rice

4-5 thin-cut skinless chicken breasts, thawed
                      salt
                      2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
                      1/2 tsp pepper
                      1 tsp oregano
                      olive oil
                      whisky

1 cup brown rice

In a saucepan, heat 2 cups water to boiling. Add brown rice, cover, and turn down heat. Let simmer for 30 minutes.

At 30 minute mark, while rice is still cooking:
                      Pat chicken breasts dry. In a large bowl, mix pepper, garlic, and oregano with a dash of salt and 2 Tbsp of oilve oil. Stir chicken breasts into mixture until coated. (OPTIONAL: Prepare this in advance and leave to marinate, covered, in fridge, 1-12 hours.)

Heat up a large saucepan on HIGH heat. When pan is hot, add chicken breasts. Sautee for 3 minutes, until caramelized (light brown) underneath. Flip over, reduce heat to low, and cover. Cook 7-8 minutes, until both sides are caramelized. Cut one open; if done, remove breasts to a plate, cover with foil. Leave heat on, underneath pan.

Rice should be done by this point (45 minutes from boil.) Remove rice from heat.

Deglaze pan with a shot of whisky. (Deglaze = pour whisky onto hot pan, over heat, and quickly scrape all the drippings off the bottom with a spatula and mix it up with the whiskey FAST, before it evaporates.) Add 2 tbsp nonfat milk or water. Stir over low heat until well-mixed.

Dump the rice into the pan with the sauce. Mix well, turn off burner, and let stand for 3-4 minutes.

Serve chicken over rice, with salt to taste. (My wife likes salt on hers. I like to squeeze a lemon wedge over mine.) Serves 2.
                      Last edited by fraidycat; 10-18-2006, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X