Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Different sports -what does this dream mean?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different sports -what does this dream mean?

Steffi Graff or i think it was Navratilova once said she preferred playing basketball then doing boring stuff in the gym. What do people think of doing different sports to improve fitness for boxing rather than strenght and conditioning drills or circuits?

I've been thinking about this alot and had 2 dreams featuring Roy Jones Jr. If anyone knows about dreams, I wonder is there a psychic connection also? But to the main point...

1) in the first dream we were at his BBQ eating one of his fighting roosters and he leaned over me and said 'save the leg for the champ, save the leg!'. I aksed him if it is good to have lean meat and he said yes

2) this is the question he didnt answer which is why i am here. in another dream i was asking him if i should play futsall (5-a-side football in an area size of basketball court with no slide tackles) to keep cardio and strength fitness the was he plays basketball. he just said let me show u a trick, and did a kung fu thing on a pressure point in my neck. i went to sleep in the dream, but then i woke up!

What does this dream mean? by doing kung fu on me was he trying to answer the 2nd question in the affirmative too? pls help as his 2nd answer was ambiguous

I think you've gone mad if u think Roy jones kungfu kicking u means u should play football to get fit for boxing . Football is not hard enough training to replicate a boxing match wich is why they can play for two hours if it goes to extra time and still be fairly fresh. If u want to box you got to put the roadwork sprints groundwork bag drills and sparring in no way round it

Comment

Other sports will help with fitness but there's a reason for training for a specifc sport, the movement's required are different so strenghening and conditioning yourself to that sport is really the best way to do it.

Comment

Football is a very risky in terms of injury sport

Comment

short answer is no, playing tennis makes you better at tennis and sparring makes you better at boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by NVSemin View Post
            Football is a very risky in terms of injury sport
            Yes, very much unlike boxing, where the purpose is to hurt your opponent.

Comment

There are benefits, both physically and mentally, to being active in other sports. There are also risks, especially considering what sport.

I wouldnt put too much thought into your dreams. The brain is very powerful, and likes to play when you are sleeping. If such things have been on your conscious, then they can very easily find their way into your dreams.

With that said, yes, save the leg for the champ.

As far as eating meat, chicken and light meat is fine in moderation, salmon is best. Id stay away from red meats, they are loaded with carcinogens, with that said we all eat red meat cause its so damn delicious.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_meat#section_3
              (Specifically look at the health portion)
              Last edited by ~AK49~; 12-04-2012, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesv3 View Post
                I think you've gone mad if u think Roy jones kungfu kicking u means u should play football to get fit for boxing . Football is not hard enough training to replicate a boxing match wich is why they can play for two hours if it goes to extra time and still be fairly fresh. If u want to box you got to put the roadwork sprints groundwork bag drills and sparring in no way round it
                it wasnt a kung fu kick, he squeezed a pressure point on my trapezius i think its called, the side of the neck muscle that comes from the back

football is hard, after extra time theyre done. it depends if ur a midfielder u can hide or do square passes like xavi and claim greatness. but centre halves and strikers can run up to 14km in 90 mins, modern full backs are expected to overlap and attack as well as get back to defend. all the twisting and turning too. i find the sprint&fartlek training helps.

dnt 4get the training in soccer is drills and small sided games, its not 5 a side or an 11v11 game.for me the change in paces help although someone did make a good point about injuries, all 4 knee ops due to soccer and sprained ankle too lately ive been injured in boxing but not long term ones like that

Comment

I play futsal and train for boxing on alternating days. Why not? Futsal offers both anaerobic and aerobic conditioning while challenging coordination and balance. I wouldn't replace boxing road work with futsal if you're training for a fight, but I think it's a good way to mix up a stale routine.

Comment

Originally posted by Soju View Post
                    I play futsal and train for boxing on alternating days. Why not? Futsal offers both anaerobic and aerobic conditioning while challenging coordination and balance. I wouldn't replace boxing road work with futsal if you're training for a fight, but I think it's a good way to mix up a stale routine.
                    there has been scientific evidence of that, it was on radio how 5-a-side futsal is growing as a good all round workout.

in terms of roadwork some players do 11-12k a match

Comment

Working...
                    X