No announcement yet.

122 is best, most interesting division in boxing right now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 122 is best, most interesting division in boxing right now

You have five fighters who are all extreamly skilled, fun to watch, and all have a case for being the number 1. And four of them are actually fighting each other in the next month!
    In my opinion, Rigondeaux, Nishioka, Mares, Donaire, and Moreno are all capable of beating one another. Can't wait to see what happens

Let's not forget Santa Cruz, Darchinyan, Agbeko, Kameda all around the same weight.

Then the UK have Carl Frampton, Scott Quigg and Rendal Munroe.

It's a very stacked division. The most stacked in Boxing, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Let's not forget Santa Cruz, Darchinyan, Agbeko, Kameda all around the same weight.

Yes! There's a wealth of talent, experience, and ability throughout the division.

Comment

Yes It Is! Sucks that not many care about those lower Divisions...but it has always been like that Sadly!

But it is up to the Networks and Promoters to do a better job giving the smaller guys exposure, Mares winning his Tournament really did not do much for him career compared to say Andre Ward and that 168 Tournament

118-126 has a lot of talent and a lot of future potential match ups

Comment

I'm having doubts that anyone will be able to clean out that division.

Comment

It's stacked but many of the great matchups won't happen because of the TR/GBP rivalry.

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

I still think 154 is better but 122 is definitely one of the best right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
              It's stacked but many of the great matchups won't happen because of the TR/GBP rivalry.

I still think 154 is better but 122 is definitely one of the best right now.
              If you count Mayweather in the 154 Division then I would say it's very close.

It still is close but I definitely lean on 122.

Donaire, Moreno, Mares being in the same division is amazing. All 3 are Top 10 or boarderline Top 10 P4P IMO.

And that's just the top of the pile.

Comment

122 is the most top heavy division sprinkled with some good vets and younger fighters yet to reach the upper tier

Comment

I think that 154 is better in my opinio., Mayweather, Canelo, Cotto, Lara, Vanes, Trout, and Martinez is going down to 154

Comment

Donaire, Nishioka, Mares, Rigo, Moreno, Leo Santa Cruz

I don't think any division has anywhere close to that kind of talent combined.

Comment

Working...
                    X