Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ricky Hatton Humbled By Ticket Record-Breaker For 11/24

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ricky Hatton Humbled By Ticket Record-Breaker For 11/24

A record-breaking 18,000 tickets were sold for the hotly anticipated Ricky Hatton comeback bout within 48 hours of them going on sale.

In an emphatic display of Hatton's popularity amongst boxing fans, 18,000 of the 19,000 tickets for the fight at the Manchester Arena on November 24 have been snapped up, despite his opponent having yet to be announced.

The demand for tickets has surpassed all previous boxing ticket sales records for the venue, including bouts featuring such fighters as David Haye and Mike Tyson. [Click Here To Read More]

cant say im shocked.

Probably had the biggest fan base of all time

more than any other uk fighter i can remember

Last edited by Straightener; 09-20-2012, 06:14 AM. Reason: ****ed up

Comment

Crazy Shiz. Hatton has major pull. Years later.

Comment

Originally posted by alan.farr
        Hatton can just fight bums and he can make as much money as any top tier fighter. Just milk the fan-base.
        He can, but he won't. It's not his style.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
          He can, but he won't. It's not his style.
          Errr it was for like his first 38 fights!

Comment

Ha, Ricky is Manchester's Batman: "we all need someone to believe in. Hopefully I can be that person". Would love to see Ricky come back strong. Top bloke.

Comment

Originally posted by alan.farr
              Hatton can just fight bums and he can make as much money as any top tier fighter. Just milk the fan-base.
              Its true, he'll never beat the elite fighters, but he can make a hell of a lot of money entertaining his people in England. More power to him.

Comment

Id buy tickets too if I was there

Comment

Originally posted by RossCA View Post
                  Its true, he'll never beat the elite fighters, but he can make a hell of a lot of money entertaining his people in England. More power to him.
                  Eh, you mean possibly some of the best fighters to ever don a pair of gloves? Right? Hatton ran over a good number of "elite" fighters. Just not some of the most wicked. Ever. Try and forgive the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
                    Errr it was for like his first 38 fights!
                    He was cutting his teeth under Frank Warren most of that time. He's already said he's not coming back to take easy fights.

Originally posted by RossCA View Post
                    I can see him fighting in the US again.
                    Last edited by Weebler I; 09-20-2012, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X