No announcement yet.

ways to deal with PRESSURE

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ways to deal with PRESSURE

i wanna know as many ways as possible that a boxer can deal with pressure in the amatuers. plz gimme some feedback. what do you do when pressured?
    Last edited by punchDrUnK MONK; 10-26-2008, 07:00 PM.

Side steps from side to side. Get out of the way of their strong hand.

Never go staight back. Move to the side sticking the jab and try and catch your opponent off balance. Chances are if your opponent is putting on strong pressure they will be easy to catch off balance.

Comment

Stand your ground.... and roll/slip with hook/uppercut counters because they will probably be right there.

But if they are too strong... lots of movemnt and pivoting with jabs away from their power hand.

Comment

I do the man who is no man technique from Burma, this advanced technique makes me invisible. To my opponent and all the spectators I am not there. I hit my turn my two fists into 5 with my 5 fist technique and hit so fast no-one would be able to see it, off course they cant anyway because I am invisible. Makes it hard to convince the judges coz the opponent appears ok, but I am really damaging his chi, in ways you wouldnt believe.

Comment

lateral movement/jabs

Comment

Originally posted by punchDrUnK MONK View Post
            i wanna know as many ways as possible that a boxer can deal with pressure in the amatuers. plz gimme some feedback. what do you do when pressured?
            you have to use your instinct and stay cool,dont panic, roll under punches, block, slip, weave, pivot, move away

Comment

Someone who is applying alot of pressure, is always comming forward. As has been said, sticking a jab in their face will prevent them from getting 'set' to throw or land big blows. Also dancing and moving to the side, along with pivots will keep them ofset as well.

Comment

just be more core than them. the only way you can be good at boxing is by giving pressure back.

Comment

alrite.. thanks yall.. i got some stuff to try now

- side to side movements
                  - JABS
                  - pressure back

and of corse stay calm, and use defence. slipping, rolling, blocking..
                  ill try all of this.

Comment

If you move towards them, they'll naturally have a harder time throwing more punches.

Comment

Working...
                    X