Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lack of promotion or hype for Rigondeaux/Donaire ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lack of promotion or hype for Rigondeaux/Donaire ?

Is it me or does there seem to be a lack promotion or hype around the Rigondeaux/Donaire bout?

Hype is there i think, more of a curiosity for me, but i wouldve thought more promotion by now too.

Comment

It's a fight for the hardcore fans. I don't really think the fight has any crossover appeal. Nonito isn't a guy that packs arenas or generates crazy ratings. The people that are going to go to it live or watch it on TV are already aware of it.

Comment

Yeah..you're certainly right..

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
          It's a fight for the hardcore fans. I don't really think the fight has any crossover appeal. Nonito isn't a guy that packs arenas or generates crazy ratings. The people that are going to go to it live or watch it on TV are already aware of it.
          Pretty much this .

Comment

like Top Rank says no promotional plan exist to get people excitied for rigo and his countrymen short of castro himself supporting a fighter.

paraphasing of course

Comment

I'm glad HBO is at least doing Road to Donaire-Rigondeaux, this is mostly a fight for us hardcores, especially at this weight class.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                Boxing promoters in a nut shell. Why the **** should we bother promoting when some people know about it and are going to it already?

Comment

They're having a show thing for it if that helps. I'm not especially excited for this fights but it is a good fight that I will watch. But I also watch every fight on tv lol

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                    I'm glad HBO is at least doing Road to Donaire-Rigondeaux, this is mostly a fight for us hardcores, especially at this weight class.
                    Would you happen to know when that's going to air?

Comment

Working...
                    X