Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Floyd ever fight Canelo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no he will never fight canelo but in a clever attempt to trick people he will fight jc candelo.

Comment

dont see why he should duck him given canelo is unproven

Comment

Canelo is a hype job and Mayweather doesn't need a him. Canelo calls out Floyd but will inevitably be scared of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie View Post
          Yea it's a possibility but I wouldn't bet on it. I certainly wouldn't bet on him fighting at WW then going back up to 54 to fight Canleo 6 months later.
          I don't think the weight would be an issue. He walks around at what? 150-155? He weighed in at 151 for his fight with Cotto.

He could make 147 in May then if he were to fight again at 154 he would be fine.

I think it's the timing. I can't see him fighting in May, then again in Septemember as they're so close. I don't know why the date's he's reserved are so close together.

Or, perhaps it's because he wants Canelo on a Mexican Holiday that's not on Cinco De Mayo? I guess that would make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by GUMBIE View Post
            Canelo is a hype job and Mayweather doesn't need a him. Canelo calls out Floyd but will inevitably be scared of him.
            You folks keep forgetting that Mayweather is a hypejob at 154.

If you don't want Canelo why aren't you mentioning Trout for Mayweather? This fight is extremely easy to make. Considering GBP just dispelled the myth recently that Haymon is against in-house fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              I don't think the weight would be an issue. He walks around at what? 150-155? He weighed in at 151 for his fight with Cotto.

He could make 147 in May then if he were to fight again at 154 he would be fine.

I think it's the timing. I can't see him fighting in May, then again in Septemember as they're so close. I don't know why the date's he's reserved are so close together.

Or, perhaps it's because he wants Canelo on a Mexican Holiday that's not on Cinco De Mayo? I guess that would make sense.
              It's not the weight. I just don't see him taking on Canelo at 54 6 months or whatever after fighting anyone. When's the last time that he fought twice in 1 year? I'm not convinced he'd risk trying that against a guy who already has the physical advantage.

Comment

Will Canelo ever fight a legit LMW or MW?

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie View Post
                  It's not the weight. I just don't see him taking on Canelo at 54 6 months or whatever after fighting anyone. When's the last time that he fought twice in 1 year? I'm not convinced he'd risk trying that against a guy who already has the physical advantage.
                  That's a good point and I feel the same way.

My guess is because he wants to fight him on a Mexican Holiday after May 4th.

Comment

I think he should fight him sooner than later while Canelo is still inexperienced for the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Imatroll View Post
                      Will the fight ever happen? Floyd's getting old and he doesn't have the hunger to challenge himself anymore. Floyd is content with fighting the guerrero's and Hattons.

What do you guys think?
                      That depend of canelo..he should fight a top 10 in his weight division..if he don't step upprobably Floyd won't fight him...

Comment

Working...
                      X