No announcement yet.

Nonito Donaire gets props for fighting 4 times in 2012

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nonito Donaire gets props for fighting 4 times in 2012

Dude fought tough guys too no slouches or tune ups. If he can blast Arce I think he finally gets fighter of the year this year.

It's rare for a top p4p guy to fight more than twice in one year let alone 4 times and against really tough opponents.

Wilfredo Vazquez Jr, Jeffrey Mathebula, Toshiaki Nishioka, and next Jorge Arce all experienced tough fighters.

meh really just Nishioka fight was called for the rest no one is really asking for it

Comment

but, but he didnt fight rigo?

Comment

enjoy it while it lasts looking at his ratings sooner or latter HBO won't give him 4 dates a year anymore

Comment

i'm not sure if anyone really deserves fighter of the year for 2012. maybe danny garcia?

Comment

FOTY is in the bag I think..... Early congrats if he gets it

Comment

Originally posted by gauze View Post
              i'm not sure if anyone really deserves fighter of the year for 2012. maybe danny garcia?
              for what?! Beating Khan and zombie morales?

Maybe garcia gets an upset of the year mention (obviously that will go to bradley) or "Break out year" award if such thing exists but fighter of the year? no way.

Donaire assuming he wins is the clear and obvious choice. Ward could have had it if he fought again.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                meh really just Nishioka fight was called for the rest no one is really asking for it
                Nishioka was undefeated for the last 8 years!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by littlemac View Post
                  Nishioka was undefeated for the last 8 years!!!!!
                  Who would u suggest he have fought??? It wasn't a bad decision seeing as how hes the lineal champ now

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
                    Who would u suggest he have fought??? It wasn't a bad decision seeing as how hes the lineal champ now
                    Rigo. Nishioka was contemplating retirement before fighting Donaire.

Comment

Working...
                    X