No announcement yet.

Hendo: I've got the impression that Jones isn't 'genuin'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hendo: I've got the impression that Jones isn't 'genuin'

"I'm sure you can answer that question, too. Why do you suppose that is?", the former Strikeforce light heavyweight champion rhetorically asked Ariel Helwani today on The MMA Hour.

When pressed further for his take, Henderson offered a theory. "I think it all has to do with being genuine and the fans sense that: when you are and when you're not. I'm pretty much who I am all the time and I don't know if they get that impression from him."

That may be what the fans are thinking, but what about Henderson himself? Does he get the impression Jones is genuine in his personal interactions with others? "Not really," Henderson confessed. "I think he was a little bit better after his fight with Rashad than he had been in the past, but I haven't got that impression from him, no."

Henderson isn't suggesting Jones is entirely putting on a public act. The top light heavyweight contender isn't exactly accusing Jones of being an actor. But if Henderson detects anything, it's that the polarizing effect the light heavyweight champion has on fans is as consequence of Jones having something manufactured about what he shows the public. "His whole attitude sometimes. It's not completely not genuine," Henderson clarified. "But I think that's what the fans are turned off by."

"I don't know him personally, so I can't really say if it's genuine or not. It's just the impression that I think fans get."
    MMAfighting.com

To my knowledge Hederson has never met, interacted or had a conversation with Jon Jones.
    He will be the next notch on Jones Light Heavyweight Belt.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingtech718v2 View Post
      To my knowledge Hederson has never met, interacted or had a conversation with Jon Jones.
      He will be the next notch on Jones Light Heavyweight Belt.
      "I don't know him personally, so I can't really say if it's genuine or not. It's just the impression that I think fans get."

Last line of the article there guy. Jones gets to beat up a 41 year old MW in his next fight. Hooray? Maybe Overeem should fight GSP next.....

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
        Last line of the article there guy. Jones gets to beat up a 41 year old MW in his next fight. Hooray? Maybe Overeem should fight GSP next.....
        Henderson last campaigned at LHW and HW last I checked. Didn't he just pwn Fedor, Rua, Feijo,?
        I see you're already downplaying Jon Jones opponents lol.

Comment

No but I don't like Hendo's chances. Dan is one of my favorite fighters of all time and one of the most decorated fighters of all time. All that being said he's much smaller than Rashad and Jones toward over him. I said it 2 days ago, I see Jones getting the takedown early and subbing him. You know damn well that Hendo's only shot is to blast Jones early or its over....

Jones: Cuts from 230lbs
          Height 6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)
          Weight 205 lb (93.0 kg; 14.6 st)
          Reach 84.5 in (215 cm)

Hendo: Doesn't cut any weight.
          Height 5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)
          Weight 203 lb (92.1 kg; 14.5 st)
          Reach 71 in (180 cm)

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
            No but I don't like Hendo's chances. Dan is one of my favorite fighters of all time and one of the most decorated fighters of all time. All that being said he's much smaller than Rashad and Jones toward over him. I said it 2 days ago, I see Jones getting the takedown early and subbing him. You know damn well that Hendo's only shot is to blast Jones early or its over....

Jones: Cuts from 230lbs
            Height 6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)
            Weight 205 lb (93.0 kg; 14.6 st)
            Reach 84.5 in (215 cm)

Hendo: Doesn't cut any weight.
            Height 5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)
            Weight 203 lb (92.1 kg; 14.5 st)
            Reach 71 in (180 cm)
            So am I supposed to blame Jones for being born with good genes?

I don't see people talking crap about Struve.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingtech718v2 View Post
              So am I supposed to blame Jones for being born with good genes?

I don't see people talking crap about Struve.
              I don't see Struve fighting at 205lbs. It's easy to be the big fish in a small pond.....

Comment

I really cant see how Hendo can talk **** about being genuine ,i mean hes pulled /said some douche bag things himself over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrpedigree View Post
                  I really cant see how Hendo can talk **** about being genuine ,i mean hes pulled /said some douche bag things himself over the years.
                  Care to give examples or sources? Or you just like making **** up on the fly?

Comment

Hendo is 100% correct and it's the reason i don't like Jon Jones.

Comment

Working...
                    X