Floyd Mayweather Jr. should not Agree to Bob Arums "Offer."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    WTF would be the difference?

You just don't want the fight to happen...

I want Pac to whoop Floyd. I could careless on who's terms as long as he does it...
    Floyd deserves the bigger split and testing should be up until day of fight.
    Thats how USADA works.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 * View Post
      Course I want it to happen, I want Mayweather to whoop Manny but not on Arums terms.
      During the first negotiations the terms were 50/50. At that point, Floyd had just one fight since his retirement and with all the logic that's being thrown out there, one would say that Manny had the upper hand. Manny did not make it hard and ask for 60/40 nor 55/45. He agreed to 50/50.

Now one fight later, according to your logic, EVERYTHING changes and now Floyd should demand 60/40 or 55/45....

All the above is without taking into account that Floyd has ACCUSED Manny of taking PEDs nor that Manny has to already give in to Floyd's PEDs testing demands.

The other point I want to make is that it has been said that there is already an agreement on the table between Arum and GBP and the way it was stated, Manny appears to be in agreement too. All we need now is to have Floyd sign on the dotted line. If GBP, who represents Floyd, is in agreement then why are you still pushing your own agenda that Floyd is making a mistake in agreeing to this agreement?

We don't know all the details but all we are waiting for is Floyd's 100% OK and the fight is on. We are in July now so I would hope it gets OKed soon because it's getting closer to the date where if they don't agree, this fight will not happen.

Comment

Thats how USADA works.
        What do you get out of protecting Floyd all day on here like he's your son?

Comment

I don't give a fuck you dumb fuck but Mayweather will, and he should he DESERVES more.

Are you too ******ed to see that? People lie facts don't.
          Do you want the fight to happen? Simple yes or no will do. If you do, then who give a rats ass who makes what. I'm sure you're not getting a check in the mail from either party when it's all said and done.

my gut feeling, you do not want to see this fight get made. Reason: you'll have nothing original to talk about on this site. You won't be able to rehash this same old bull**** posted on here every other minute.

funny part is, i bet you really thought you had a solid well thought out thread. Turns out it was just old and tired.

Comment

Thats how USADA works.
            OST I can see why you would care. Because, it is better for the sport I give you that.

However, you should not care what the split is if you not part of the team... I have never seen a fan base like this before is ridiculous...

Honestly, if debating about who deserves what and who should get the bigger split gets you a percentage of the money... Then by all means let me get the hook up... Show me where the line is at and I will go. **** I want to get paid too... And, I will be on here screaming and yelling about Floyd getting the bigger split....

But, if you not getting any part of the money then the split should be the last of your worries....

Like I said apparently you don't want the fight. You would rather have your hero/god/fantasy lover win the negotiations then for the actual fight to happen... And, that really baffles me...

Like I said I could careless what they agree upon. I don't care if Floyd gets 99% of the split and Pac gets 1%.... Whatever just make the fight happen.

Comment

I believe this more media bull**** from Bob Arum,
              You haven't heard Golden Boy speak to the press about this fight....
              Now people are saying "Oh if Floyd don't accept then he is ducking Manny" blah blah,
              We haven't heard both sides how can we comment on this situation right now?
              You have idiots out there Ellie Sechkbach also stirring **** up and it is very frustrating for a fight fan to follow this BS.

Realistically lets look it at like this.

Manny won't fight for anything less then 50/50: Manny don't deserve it, His last fight with Clottey sold less than half of Mayweather fight with Mosley.
              Why should Floyd agree to these terms?
              As a fight fan I understand we are all passionate about the sport and wanna see this fight happening but lets step back,
              We need to remember the golden worlds "Boxing is a business,"
              Its simply unfair to ask for 50/50.

Pacquiao has to earn his 50% split: Because at the moment he doesn't deserve it. A fight with Clottey was a terrible move for Manny and lets face it he ain't exactly good at hyping fights,
              His last bout with Clottey didn't even get a 24/7 series.
              Mayweather-Mosley did.

Each fighter should have ONE more fight before they meet eachother:
              Because they are not gonna agree on 50/50 and I think it is reasonable enough of Mayweather to GIVE Manny that opportunity to EARN a 50/50 split.
              Feelings aside people he has not earned it yet, with his PPV history.

"Manny don't need Mayweather, Mayweather needs Pacquiao":
              Again this does not fly with me, I'm not gonna through Mannys last few fights here (e.g. Cotto being shot or ODLH being weight drained) its played out. But in these negotiations Golden Boy promotions and Top Rank are gonna use both fighters last bouts for sales figures and promotional Material.
              Manny last bout with Clottey was nothing short of terrible, It was a boring fight.
              He picked a fighter who WOULD not throw and when he did he landed every straight Right hand (Floyd Lead Punch), Mayweather dominated Mosley (#1 WW in the division) in his last bout and since than has retaken his spot as P4P #1.

Manny needs this fight: His name has been tarnished and if this fight doesn't happen there will always be that "Was he on PHD's."
              Hanging over his head and his record. He needs to show the world this is not through take the tests and the fight.

Mannys main asset is his speed NOT his power:
              People take about Mannys power as his biggest assist I believe different. Okay he KO'd a shot Ricky Hatton but that ain't saying much, Lazcano whoppled him too.
              But anyway Manny ain't getting any younger, What goes with Age? Speed.
              If he wants this fight NOW he needs to accept that he is not getting 50/50 and agree to taking the OSDT's up until fight night.
              He ain't getting any younger.

Lets say the fight Happens NEXT year:
              They both fight different opponents, Manny fights Margarito and gets a good PPV number and eventually EARNS a 50/50 split,
              It will be a year on, He could easily be a little banged up from Margarito because he is a dangerous fighter, People forget that.
              His speed will have decreased with age and **** won't be going his way.
              Okay you can argue that Mayweather is getting older but he doesn't real on his speed to the extent that Manny does. (Speed is not Mayweather biggest assist) Take away Mannys speed and he is nothing.

Take the OSDT Manny take a 55/45 split, Your only making it harder on yourself in the long run.
              Do you know arum's offer to mayweather? if you don't then shut the f up... manny agreed to floyds last whine which is 14 days cut so what else are you asking for? just zip it

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                OST I can see why you would care. Because, it is better for the sport I give you that.

However, you should not care what the split is if you not part of the team... I have never seen a fan base like this before is ridiculous...

Honestly, if debating about who deserves what and who should get the bigger split gets you a percentage of the money... Then by all means let me get the hook up... Show me where the line is at and I will go. **** I want to get paid too... And, I will be on here screaming and yelling about Floyd getting the bigger split....

But, if you not getting any part of the money then the split should be the last of your worries....

Like I said apparently you don't want the fight. You would rather have your hero/god/fantasy lover win the negotiations then for the actual fight to happen... And, that really baffles me...

Like I said I could careless what they agree upon. I don't care if Floyd gets 99% of the split and Pac gets 1%.... Whatever just make the fight happen.
                Thank You for making that clear. It is so weird when someone care so much how much the boxer is getting. It's mind boggling.

Comment

Working...
                X