No announcement yet.

Official Manny Pacquiao- Shane Mosley and undercards discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
    It is pretty much just a matter of styles make fights, it is possible that Bute beats Pavlik badly but even in his last fight he gets to cute for his own good and against a guy like Pavlik that could potentially cost him although I would generally expect him to mug Pavlik aside from that chance.
    I just don't think there's enough of the old Pavlik left to have a chance of exploiting Bute's flaws. Bute messes him up.

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
    Pavlik and Froch is a fight, Froch has been more impressive of late so you certainly have to favor him even heavily but in that sort of ordeal I think you have to give Pavlik a shot because that is how he wants it to play out even if the other guy turns out to be better at it.
    And the other guy (Froch) is MUCH better at it at this stage, which is my whole point. Kelly is not what he was 4 years ago and he's never looked so hot in his outings above 160, besides.

I hadn't disregarded the styles element. It's just that any chance you could once have given Pavlik in that regard is now diminished greatly because of his current performance level. Froch and Bute are just too strong in too many departments for him.

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
    Dirrell would just be a horrendous match-up for Pavlik, even if the other guys beat him worse I give him less of a shot of beating Dirrell than those other guys. Now I have been high on Dirrell for a long time and a lot of that has to do with the fact I think he is a difficult guy to defeat and match-up with, it may not always be pretty or all that fun to watch but effective is effective.
    I think he's the most likely to lack emphasis, to only do enough to get the W.

Power is most of what Pavlik has left, and Dirrell is scared of power.

Even if he stopped Pavlik, I would expect Dirrell to be the least convincing of the four.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Vern View Post
      I''m having a hard time understanding Shane's game plan. Pac seems to be confused - he can't figure him out and is missing a lot, but Shane's throwing nothing in return..
      Im not a genius but his plan seems to be. Run, hold, survive, touch gloves, don't get hurt, last the distance, save energy for Bella. He executed to perfection.

Comment

Working...
      X