Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else get tired of CONSTANTLY defending the sport of BOXING??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
    when u cnt get ur sports two best athletes to compete against each other, its very embarassing.
    it's like making it to the world series....and the League Champions refuse to face each other.

baseball had its share of controversy, but it still pulls ratings. basketball just had a pretty highly-rated playoffs and championship.

boxing is the gay when it comes to fan appreciation. as i said, im not buying a single ppv that isnt between two champs or top contenders.

Comment

It's simply sports. Ignore the haters and do what you wanna do with the sport. Posting a thread in here won't help you deal with the haters from your barrio any more than wearing a fake Mayweather vs Pacquaio shirt would to the barrio store.

Comment

People that say Boxing is dead are just pure Fanboys that dont know any boxer outside of De La Hoya, Mayweather, Pacquiao & Tyson. You should just ignore them and look at them like ******s. I myself cant wait for Marquez vs. Lopez! WAR MARQUEZ!!!

Comment

If I look around my circles, I only hear Floyd is scared comments. Lolz. Simply because I leave here in the PI wherein 99% support Pac. lolz. I try to interest them with other fights but few are eager. Anyhow, I don't mind and I believe it's ok. They have interests that I have no interest with anyway like biking. .

But your opinion that Floyd-Pac or the lack of it will hurt boxing may very well be true. However, if we got the fight and assuming we got a huge number of viewers, a big percentage of those would still be casuals afterwards. IMO, boxing does not need just 1 fight but a consistent queue of good to great fights to bring back the glory years. Let us just hope it happens in our lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Travieso_805 View Post
            People that say Boxing is dead are just pure Fanboys that dont know any boxer outside of De La Hoya, Mayweather, Pacquiao & Tyson. You should just ignore them and look at them like ******s. I myself cant wait for Marquez vs. Lopez! WAR MARQUEZ!!!
            maybe in your world its not, because your Mexican and boxing is big in your country, but in the US its dead

we're stuck with bitchboy fighters and untalented heavyweights. Americans dont like the lower weight classes to begin with and when a ***** starts duckin the biggest fight its pretty much the final nail in the coffin

Comment

Originally posted by devildg View Post
              maybe in your world its not, because your Mexican and boxing is big in your country, but in the US its dead

we're stuck with bitchboy fighters and untalented heavyweights. Americans dont like the lower weight classes to begin with and when a ***** starts duckin the biggest fight its pretty much the final nail in the coffin
              Why don't Americans like the lower weight classes? Wouldent they rather see action than boring big guys clinching? Floyd Mayweather isint the only American fighter out there... The Boxing Ring doesent revolve around Pacroid and Mayweather. Maybe that's why most American's are turning into MMGAY Fanboys

Comment

I'm a boxing fan but **** like this kills the sport. What you're going to do after Lopez vs Marquez?? Wait how many months for the next big fight cause someone don't want to fight another??

Comment

I mentioned something about the Floyd-Pac negotiations falling apart and two hours have went by, and nobody comments on it or likes it. Boxing is just a non entity to a lot of people at least here in America. I don't like MMA the same way I do boxing, but I'm willing to keep it one hundred. I blamed the fight not happening on Floyd of course.
                  Last edited by Iceta Lives; 07-18-2010, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Why don't Americans like the lower weight classes? Wouldent they rather see action than boring big guys clinching? Floyd Mayweather isint the only American fighter out there... The Boxing Ring doesent revolve around Pacroid and Mayweather. Maybe that's why most American's are turning into MMGAY Fanboys
                    Cause Americans USED to dominate the upper weights.

Comment

Whatever happened to the days where the best fought the best?

haha

Comment

Working...
                      X