Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vanes Martirosyan, Erislandy Lara Fight To Technical Draw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technical draw? Lara was obviously winning that fight. Yeah it was ugly and looked like Dirrell-Froch 2, but Lara was absolutely winning that fight, and comfortably.

Comment

• Running , potshotting don't win fights unless the opponent is not punching.

I think the fight was even.

Next time Vanes needs to pressure Lara like Mares did Anselmo sp?

Vanes needs to get in there and put that big right hand to the body from round 1 and stop all that running.

Comment

• Vanes looked like ****. Lara looked like ****. Lara is a dirty fighter. Terrible fight, im glad it ended up being a draw. Lara has a very limited skill set and going off this performance ive changed my mind and feel Canelo would beat him.

Comment

• incredibly disappointed in lara.

canelo would ruin either one of these guys lives.
          Last edited by AntonTheMeh; 11-11-2012, 10:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by twosweethooks View Post
            Running , potshotting don't win fights unless the opponent is not punching.

I think the fight was even.

Next time Vanes needs to pressure Lara like Mares did Anselmo sp?

Vanes needs to get in there and put that big right hand to the body from round 1 and stop all that running.
            Vanes doesn't have the kind of motor that Mares has, and Lara has much more pop than Moreno. Lara could do to Vanes what Moreno couldn't do to Mares, and that's KO him.

Comment

• Lara is learning at the feet of a of master. Ronnie shields could stink out an arena, I saw it. That was his style and he didn't care if the whole place booed, he just kept on running and stinking, like Lara did last night.

Comment

• Lara was easy winning that fight!

Comment

• Coming into this fight I thought Canelo would have a hard time with either of them. After this boring debacle I think it's an even fight with either of them.

Comment

• If Canelo-Lara happens, Lara will win. Lara was easily winning that fight. Vanes won 1-2 rounds at the most. He landed like 3-4 significant punches the entire fight.

Yeah it was an ugly fight and there were some quiet rounds. But even in the quiet rounds, Lara's defense and the occasional counters he landed clean were enough to win the rounds, because Vanes didn't land anything he threw. And the last 3 rounds, Lara was whupping Vanes and landing that left at will.

Comment

• if vanes would have continued to fight i would have a become a fan of him. but vanes keeps proving he is is crap.

Comment

Working...
                      X