Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Warren Ready For War: Burns is Under Contract To Me!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Warren Ready For War: Burns is Under Contract To Me!

Promoter Frank Warren is not going to allow Ricky Burns to walk away quietly. Last week the WBO lightweight champion announced that he terminated his promotional contract with Warren. On Monday he announced that a new promotional deal was signed with Eddie Hearn of Matchroom Sport. Burns is the most recent boxer to jump from Warren stable to Hearn. George Groves jumped ship last week, and both Kell Brook and Tony Bellew left Warren for Hearn as well.

[Click Here To Read More]

Frank, if your fighter terminates his contract he is no longer your slave!

Comment

well, we expected this.

Comment

Originally posted by valero007 View Post
        Frank, if your fighter terminates his contract he is no longer your slave!

That isn't how it works.
        He hasn't the right to just terminate his contract because he feels like it.

Comment

He walked away from Sky? I could swear they dropped him.
          Frank says people might get paid late but they do get paid. Yeah, he can't pay them on time even though he's got millions stashed away.

Comment

Boxnation breaking even? I could have swore they published the first year's results that showed around a £2.5m loss. Sorry I don't have a link to hand, will find one later.

Comment

Originally posted by mattr View Post
              He walked away from Sky? I could swear they dropped him.
              Frank says people might get paid late but they do get paid. Yeah, he can't pay them on time even though he's got millions stashed away.
              Yes, was thinking the same. Clearly remember Sky coming out and saying they were with Matchroom exclusively. Both Warren and Maloney weren't pleased at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by fladz View Post
                Boxnation breaking even? I could have swore they published the first year's results that showed around a £2.5m loss. Sorry I don't have a link to hand, will find one later.
                Companies House reported that they have a £4 million net liabilities and £2 million in net assets.

Comment

This could end up getting very interesting but the longer this drags out, the more it effects Burns career.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
                    This could end up getting very interesting but the longer this drags out, the more it effects Burns career.
                    Frank has already admitted holding back purse money to try and get Burns to sign a new contract. Game over. Burns has no worries and Warren is just doing this to show his remaining fighters he still means business.

Comment

Working...
                    X