No announcement yet.

HOF/ATG Poll: Pac ahead of Floyd for ATG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOF/ATG Poll: Pac ahead of Floyd for ATG

From the previous HOF/ATG poll, 2 things are clear: 1. Oscar DeLahoya no longer enjoys ATG status; 2. Pac has stronger ATG support than Floyd.

This seems to be a contradiction because Floyd has a better statistical record than Pac. How can this be explained? Has Floyd's reputation decreased like Oscar's?
    yes
    55.72%
    no
    37.81%
    it's not clear
    6.47%

The poll is expired.

Better career; more respect as a real fighter. He's cut from the same cloth as ATGs of the past.

Not really that complicated.

Comment

Better career, he's "greater" and better resume. floyd still has Martinez if he wants to regain his status

Comment

It's close at this point. Floyd could over take Manny though. If Manny doesn't get anymore solid or good wins, and Floyd gets 2-3 solid wins to end his career, he could over take him.

I still say Oscar is an ATG, but to me ATG is Top 100, not Top 50. Top 50 is upper echelon to me.

Comment

Aren't you the same guy who said Zab Judah beat Floyd and was robbed??? Seriously, I swear I remember you making a thread about that......

Comment

Originally posted by happyman View Post
            Better career, he's "greater" and better resume. floyd still has Martinez if he wants to regain his status
            I guess I should bump that prior poll. Is there some way I could just incorporate it into this thread, without having to reinvent the wheel? That is an interesting poll.

Comment

And you should make your polls public, so we can reveal why someone voted the way they did. For instance, Marquez got more ATG votes than Floyd....Marquez in no way shape or form has a better career or resume than Mayweather or Pacquiao.

Comment

the poll was from march of 2008 ( if youre talking about the one made by freedom) ..this was when pac was at 130 , prior to moving to 135 and hoya at ww..pac lead that one 71% to floyd's 29%..ive never seen a poll in which floyd won in regards to who's greater..

since that time , pac has done hell of a lot more than floyd so i dont know why he should now be higher given he has'nt done much...

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  And you should make your polls public, so we can reveal why someone voted the way they did. For instance, Marquez got more ATG votes than Floyd....Marquez in no way shape or form has a better career or resume than Mayweather or Pacquiao.
                  Marquez's win over Pacquiao is greater than any win Floyd has on his resume.

FACT.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                    Good idea. I never even thought about that. And, to answer your last question: yes. I went on a determined Zab offensive about that fight. Generated a great debate, too.

Comment

Working...
                    X