No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bob Arum Welcomes Federal Boxing Commission Idea

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bob Arum Welcomes Federal Boxing Commission Idea

You know the times are changing when even Bob Arum thinks enough is enough.

The past several weeks have seen a significant change in the 80-year old Hall of Fame promoter. Perhaps it was the shakeup of his biggest draw, Manny Pacquiao landing on the wrong end of the year’s most talked about judging controversy which gave Tim Bradley the biggest win of his career.
    [Click Here To Read More]

SLOB ARUM: We need a fed comission but let me tell them how to do their job
    LMFAO

Comment

Originally posted by Albeerto View Post
      SLOB ARUM: We need a fed comission but let me tell them how to do their job
      LMFAO
      Haha exactly! I'm sure he wants to still be able to keep protecting his fighters and not forcing his guys to fight their mandatories.

Hope this idea becomes a reality...

Comment

He agrees because
        A)He knows it won't happen
        B)When it doesn't happen he will say "well I supported it, shame it didn't work out" and look like a good guy.

Comment

A federal commission would be great if it gets rid of all these state commissions and then I hope we can get 1 boxing promotion too sometime in the future.

Comment

I bet Bob retires

Comment

Only a good idea, if it gets treated like a Supreme Court in regards to turning over decisions the State Commissions are too reluctant to. If it just governed all boxing regulation business in the end outright, I'd be prepared to see the most corrupt thing you've ever seen in the sport since the mob.

Comment

I'm a bit surprised to see Mr. Donovan has issued a report which seems to me to be rank "journalese". Even before half-finishing the very short piece, it was obvious that response posts would be mainly from the "kill Arum" brigade of creepers.

Why should Arum not support the position of his own boxer on year 'round testing. Are you expecting him to oppose it in public? It's the boxer's decision.

And as for portraying him as a "dinosaur", this is totally unfair, even false. Look up "Boxing Promotion Innovations", or "Is Top Rank Promotions an Innovator", and you will see reams of articles detailing the constant innovative introductions of Top Rank. More by far, I believe, than all the other promoters put together.

And I would strongly suspect, Mr. Donovan knew this before he committed his piece of journalese to print.

Comment

Originally posted by hhnic718 View Post
                  A federal commission would be great if it gets rid of all these state commissions and then I hope we can get 1 boxing promotion too sometime in the future.
                  You realize boxing would become government controlled at that point right?

If you thought the fix was in dealing with the State, the alphabets, managers, promoters, and the mob, wait til Uncle Sam got involved where bribes would become NFL signing bonuses.

Comment

That greedy scum bag would accept a federal boxing commission no more than he would accept that 40 million guarantee mayweather offered gtfoh f%#king cretin

Comment

Working...
                    X