Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kessler-Magee, DeGale-Sanavia Doubleheader on 4/21?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kessler-Magee, DeGale-Sanavia Doubleheader on 4/21?

According to the European Boxing Union, EBU super middleweight champ James DeGale (11-1, 8KOs) will make a mandatory defense of his title against Italian veteran and former WBC king Cristian Sanavia (45-5-1, 13KOs) on April 21 in Denmark. [Click Here To Read More]

The only way I think Kessler-Stieglitz not happening is if the dane's surgically repaired finger is in bad shape. If that is indeed the case I cannot see a Magee fight take place only a week later.

It is worth noting that tickets for Kessler-Stieglitz is still on sale and Parken Stadium still list the fight. So this scenario the article suggests is speculation at this time.

It is wellknown, that Sauerland is trying to set up Kessler's stablemate Arthur Abraham for a shot at Stieglitz's WBO-belt. If they do that and in the process gives Kessler a shot at the much less prestigerous WBA bogus interim Mickey Mouse belt that Magee holds, they are shafting the dane and that move will make them highly unpopular in Denmark.

Comment

And why would they even make Degale-Sanavia in Denmark of all places?

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        To build a Kessler DeGale bout???

Does DeGales have a promoter at the moment?

Comment

The only way I think Kessler-Stieglitz not happening is if the dane's surgically repaired finger is in bad shape. If that is indeed the case I cannot see a Magee fight take place only a week later.

It is worth noting that tickets for Kessler-Stieglitz is still on sale and Parken Stadium still list the fight. So this scenario the article suggests is speculation at this time.

It is wellknown, that Sauerland is trying to set up Kessler's stablemate Arthur Abraham for a shot at Stieglitz's WBO-belt. If they do that and in the process gives Kessler a shot at the much less prestigerous WBA bogus interim Mickey Mouse belt that Magee holds, they are shafting the dane and that move will make them highly unpopular in Denmark.
          Maybe Sauerland is sure that Kessler would be named Ward's mandatory if he fights Magee. Kessler's goal seems to have his revenge over the American.

Comment

Easy nights work for Magee, going to Denmark and KOing their SMWs is what he does best. Kessler's ribs are in for a bashing.

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
              To build a Kessler DeGale bout???

Does DeGales have a promoter at the moment?
              I honestly think that Kessler has bigger fish to fry than James DeGale.

Comment

Originally posted by belna View Post
                Maybe Sauerland is sure that Kessler would be named Ward's mandatory if he fights Magee. Kessler's goal seems to have his revenge over the American.
                I cannot see that. Magee holds the WBA interim bogus belt which comes in at about no. 3 in the internal pecking order of WBA world champions. No. 2 being Balszay and no. 1 Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
                  Easy nights work for Magee, going to Denmark and KOing their SMWs is what he does best. Kessler's ribs are in for a bashing.

I really like Magee and the shot he landed on Markussen was very pretty.

Comment

I honestly think that Kessler has bigger fish to fry than James DeGale.
                    Totally agree. Was trying trying to think of why DeGale would be fighting there? Is he still with Warren? Has he signed some kind of deal with a Danish promoter?
                    All very strange.

Comment

Working...
                    X