No announcement yet.

New Greatest Hits for Chavez-Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Greatest Hits for Chavez-Martinez

Can't get the embeding to work for some reason. Maybe someone can help me out with that

Chavez Jr.-http://youtu.be/elFUdOPzECQ

Martinez-http://youtu.be/TEiq3L9-uy8

I can't wait for this fight. Should be a war!

Sure let me get that for you, Chavez Jr highlight reel...

Comment

On a serious note...

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        Sure let me get that for you, Chavez Jr highlight reel...

LOL!

Thanks though. I don't know why, but every time I tried to embed I was just getting a blank screen.

Comment

Sergio's only lackluster performance was against Barker, but he got to him later in the fight. Barker wasn't nearly as active as I thought he would, but as soon as he started opening up, Sergio was able to take advantage of the opportunities presented.
          Last edited by kiaba360; 08-23-2012, 01:21 PM.

Comment

In the Martinez vid, there's a punch at 7:53 (where Jim Lampley screams "Hard right hand by Macklin upstairs! His best shot of the night") that doesn't even land. It was completely blocked by Martinez' glove. Don't know why it ended up in the highlights.
            Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 08-23-2012, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
              Sergio's only lackluster performance was against Barker, but he got to him later in the fight as well.
              A fight he may have had a hard time getting up for. Against Chavez Jr., he knows what is on the line and he sounds like he's taking very seriously. Poor Chavez Jr. He has no idea the sleeping giant he's awoken.

Comment

Sergio's only lackluster performance was against Barker, but he got to him later in the fight as well.
                I don't think Martinez expected Barker to fight the way he did. It definitely threw him off in the earlier rounds.

You could almost say the same thing about Chavez though. Recently, his only bad performance was against Zbik. He beat Rubio, Manfredo, and Lee easily.

I don't know who to go for in this fight. I like Martinez but, for some reason, I get a feeling Chavez Jr. might actually upset him.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                  A fight he may have had a hard time getting up for. Against Chavez Jr., he knows what is on the line and he sounds like he's taking very seriously. Poor Chavez Jr. He has no idea the sleeping giant he's awoken.
                  If Team Chavez was smart, they would use a similar strategy to Barker's. He cannot lead the entire fight and pressure/pressure/pressure cuz that is exactly what Sergio is gonna prepare for.

Comment

If Team Chavez was smart, they would use a similar strategy to Barker's. He cannot lead the entire fight and pressure/pressure/pressure cuz that is exactly what Sergio is gonna prepare for.
                    Exactly, Martinez is expecting constant forward pressure and momentum. If he laid back and used his reach, it would throw Sergio off and he'd take a few rounds to adjust, like Barker and Macklin. Chavez Jr. can only fight one way though IMO and that is what is getting him stopped.

Comment

Working...
                    X