No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frampton Back on McCloskey Bill, Martinez Ruled Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Frampton Back on McCloskey Bill, Martinez Ruled Out

A few days ago on BoxingScene.com, it was reported that middleweight champion Sergio Martinez won the EBU's purse bid for the mandatory fight between champion Kiko Martinez and challenger Carl Frampton (15-0). However, Frampton's promoter Eddie Hearn appears to have ruled out any prospect of a fight with Martinez. They were scheduled to face each other on two previous occasions, but Martinez withdrew due to injuries.

[Click Here To Read More]

I'd say those three names aren't bad

Comment

sounds good but i would keep him away from marquez just for now

Comment

Frampton is moving along nicely.....

Comment

Originally posted by robson24 View Post
          sounds good but i would keep him away from marquez just for now
          Ye think mate? I think at think 5, hell even 3 years ago, Marquez would be a bad choice for Frampton at this point in his career. But right now, Marquez has been riddled with injuries, been in wars, and taken some L's.

I think Marquez might be ripe for the pickings right now by a young, strong, and skilled guy like Frampton. But he can still punch, and has that Marquez family technical skills . . . and he's certainly not laying down for anybody.

I like all those fights for Frampton, and I think they all present their own risks for Frampton, but necessary risks at this point in his career if he wants to prove his mettle.

Comment

was away for a month and missed the molitor fight (youtubed the last rd, will watch it all later this week) but by all accounts he did great against a tough opponent.

I'd still love to see a Kiko fight, but cant blame them for not wanting to invest money to promote a fight against a guy that has pulled out twice. Whatever Frampton does next i want him to fight the Quigg Munroe winner after. Its a fight i cant wait to see!

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
              Ye think mate? I think at think 5, hell even 3 years ago, Marquez would be a bad choice for Frampton at this point in his career. But right now, Marquez has been riddled with injuries, been in wars, and taken some L's.

I think Marquez might be ripe for the pickings right now by a young, strong, and skilled guy like Frampton. But he can still punch, and has that Marquez family technical skills . . . and he's certainly not laying down for anybody.

I like all those fights for Frampton, and I think they all present their own risks for Frampton, but necessary risks at this point in his career if he wants to prove his mettle.
              i cant remember what frampton fight it was i think it was hirales bout im sure it went 12 rounds he won it easy but i thought he should of got rid of him with that left hook i totally understand what your saying bout the wars and injuries marquez has had but hes far superior to any of framptons opponents he has faced and imo i just think frampton if he was dragged into a war with the likes of marquez then mo is that he hasnt matured enough yet to deal with that kind of **** lol

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
                was away for a month and missed the molitor fight (youtubed the last rd, will watch it all later this week) but by all accounts he did great against a tough opponent.

I'd still love to see a Kiko fight, but cant blame them for not wanting to invest money to promote a fight against a guy that has pulled out twice. Whatever Frampton does next i want him to fight the Quigg Munroe winner after. Its a fight i cant wait to see!
                Frampton looked excellent against Molitor. Dominated every second of every round, flawless.

He's in the Top 10 now at 122 by The Ring Magazine. But he's said despite being in the Top 10 he's still willing to fight Quigg or Munroe despite their idiotic stance of "Fighting Frampton would be a step back for us".

Comment

Wow, very surprised at the choices of opponent.

I'd love to see him fight Mathebula or Ramos.

Seems they're taking no steps back from here.

Comment

Good to see Frampton being moved along and groomed for the world stage.

Comment

Working...
                    X